• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a 1031? A sale or a loan??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CALIF

I own two investment properties and want to use equity from those to purchase more investment homes for re-sale later. I had figured on doing a simple 2nd mortgage or equity loan.. but was then briefly told about a 1031 to get financing. Is a 1031 a collateral loan against my investment properties.. or is it a tax-deferred sale of the properties based on re-investment into another property??

enricosuave said:
What is the name of your state? CALIF

I own two investment properties and want to use equity from those to purchase more investment homes for re-sale later. I had figured on doing a simple 2nd mortgage or equity loan.. but was then briefly told about a 1031 to get financing. Is a 1031 a collateral loan against my investment properties.. or is it a tax-deferred sale of the properties based on re-investment into another property??
Googe "1031 exchange" or "1031 like kind exchange."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">