• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is considered statutory rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W

wandasmommy

how mom raises kids is not YOUR business

bellarose said:
You are right, I am not their mother, but I love them and care about them and want the best for them, and you know what? I get tired of hearing about all the under age sex and babies and mothers/fathers sit back and complain but do NOTHING!
you have NO right to tell a parent how to raise their child. you may not approve of the way mom raises her kids but guess what.? YOU dont have any say in it, and if i was that mom, id tell you to go to hell and mind your own business.

Last edited:
W

wandasmommy

no move in with me

stealth2 said:
And my kids (14 and 12) stay home while I work and they're not in school. Sometimes even when I work late. And ya know.... they're learning to be responsible people. I come home to find the house tidied up, laundry done, and dinner in progress.
no let them move in with me, they can take my final exams for me this week:p

W

wandasmommy

nosy nellie

bellarose said:
I have proof! I still believe in Michigan that regardless of the mother's yes or no its illegal and I want to find out for sure before I proceed to further actions.:mad:
uh lady you need a reality check here, YOU can do nothing legally, you are not the parent.if mom wants to allow her daughter to date,thats her business, and NONE of yours. nor is it your business if this girl gets pregnant, or takes the bus alone to see anyone, or anything else. this is not YOUR daughter. youre too darn nosy for your own good.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CdwJava said:
I was gonna say the same thing!

They MUST be girls!
LOL Only one is. And it's the boy who cooks (very well, in fact).

wandasmommy said:
no let them move in with me, they can take my final exams for me this week:p
While they'd likely do much better than you could hope to, Kelly, there's no way in hell I'd let them within miles of you.

tigger22472

stealth2 said:
While they'd likely do much better than you could hope to, Kelly, there's no way in hell I'd let them within miles of you.
Ya know, after the post the other day where a few got into it for calling her out I resisted. I'm glad you didn't!!!

bellarose

wandasmommy said:
you have NO right to tell a parent how to raise their child. you may not approve of the way mom raises her kids but guess what.? YOU dont have any say in it, and if i was that mom, id tell you to go to hell and mind your own business.

Like I said earlier, it takes a worthless mother to know one right?

bellarose

tigger22472 said:
I still want to know what PROOF there is!

Seeing them with my own eyes and she tells me EVERYTHING...she hates her mother and well she wants me to know all there is to know...guess you should have been there eh?

bellarose

wandasmommy said:
you can help by butting out and minding your own business. you have NO right to tell this woman how to raise HER daughter. let mom deal with the consequences if something were to happen to HER child. i wouldnt want some nosy meddling busybody telling me how to raise my kid, id tell her where to go

You know that is the problem with the world today, others minding their own business...Gee what is wrong with this picture?

bellarose

wandasmommy said:
uh lady you need a reality check here, YOU can do nothing legally, you are not the parent.if mom wants to allow her daughter to date,thats her business, and NONE of yours. nor is it your business if this girl gets pregnant, or takes the bus alone to see anyone, or anything else. this is not YOUR daughter. youre too darn nosy for your own good.

Once again, another person who would probably let their kids have sex, get pregnant and AIDS...then why teach a child anything? Just let them do what they want to do and turn your head...OMG no wonder this subject is NEVER ending....I WILL handle this on my own, and to think I just wanted to know what constitutes statutory rape?

S

shell007

bellarose said:
Once again, another person who would probably let their kids have sex, get pregnant and AIDS...then why teach a child anything? Just let them do what they want to do and turn your head...OMG no wonder this subject is NEVER ending....I WILL handle this on my own, and to think I just wanted to know what constitutes statutory rape?
Bellarose:

Why do you find it necessary to come on this forum and start bashing members by implying that they are bad parents who let their kids have sex, get pregnant, and AIDS?

You asked a legal question, you RECEIVED CORRECT LEGAL ADVICE.

Now...take your holier than thou attitude somewhere else.

Since you want to make this world a better place with all your supposed GREAT PARENTING KNOWLEDGE.....Go and adopt a child of your own and start working on your own project.

bellarose

Not bashing, just replying in the same way

shell007 said:
Bellarose:

Why do you find it necessary to come on this forum and start bashing members by implying that they are bad parents who let their kids have sex, get pregnant, and AIDS?

You asked a legal question, you RECEIVED CORRECT LEGAL ADVICE.

Now...take your holier than thou attitude somewhere else.

Since you want to make this world a better place with all your supposed GREAT PARENTING KNOWLEDGE.....Go and adopt a child of your own and start working on your own project.

First of all, I am NOT bashing anyone, I was under attack because I am told that loving my neice is wrong because I want the best for her. I get some ridiculus responses to my simple question. I am in the process of adopting thank you very much and my child will NEVER be allowed such freedom to get pregnant or a disease as other parents who dont' give a crap about their kids...What making a point that society is messed up because parents really dont' care about their kids at 14 is wrong? NOPE sorry, IF I was wrong I am sorry, but I don't feel its wrong to love someone and want the best for a child who has less than good living situations. I don't have a "holier than thou attitude" I just know what is right and what is wrong....I JUST DIDN'T KNOW THE LAWS ON STATUTORY RAPE for christ sake! Re-read all the posts and you too shall see I was the one under attack and rotten attitudes! I do not believe in a child taking care of themselves at 14 who doesn't have the parental guidness of a parent. Hello, you know nothing about this parent, only I do and from what I see and have read in the reply's to my simple question, neither do most give a crap...I feel no explaination here, but FYI this child (my neice) her father is in prison for selling drugs and her mom only cares about herself and what she needs, she quit being a parent when her husband left her for another woman! SO what does that tell you? Exactly what I have been debating since I posted my question. IF you think that I have a holier than thou attitude then you need to look in the mirror!! I got my legal advice and I will handle things the way I feel is necessary. BUT the poll keeps going and going and I answer accordingly....I have noticed that people on this site arent' very nice....They like to tear apart people like me, why? Because I care and want the best for her? Please.....I respond the way I do with what is handed to me...SO get off my butt and if you don't like MY responses then don't answer! Simple I would say!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
bellarose said:
I feel no explaination here, but FYI this child (my neice) her father is in prison for selling drugs and her mom only cares about herself and what she needs, she quit being a parent when her husband left her for another woman! SO what does that tell you?
I don't know what it tells anyone else, but it tells ME that you are a liar - this didn't start out as your niece - has an adoption or marriage occured since you first posted?

S

shell007

Zigner said:
I don't know what it tells anyone else, but it tells ME that you are a liar - this didn't start out as your niece - has an adoption or marriage occured since you first posted?
I was thinking the same thing Zinger!! :rolleyes:

I'll bet there are some great conversations at their family reunions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">