• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do about supervised visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suntor

The supervisor is named and by coincidence 2 ou

that may be but by coincidence two out of the last 3 visits fell on testing days the morning of. Of course toxicology comes back several days later and both times the test were positive for 3 different illicit drugs so the supervisor was right
How do they know the father is intoxicated? There is caselaw that exists that states that laypeople can't determine intoxication... If the visit is supervised, there is no danger. You can also have a non related supervisor -- a professional -- if the supervisor is not named in the order.
not sure how there is no danger since the supervisor has expressed fear to me if they feel they should end the visit due to his behavior and what would you suggest telling a child when they ask why dad can’t talk and keeps falling asleep

LdiJ

Case law exists that says that lay people cannot determine if someone is under the influence.
I was thinking more about the things that were being said to the child. Although, if lay people cannot determine that what happens if the parent under the influence drops or otherwise hurts a small child or infant because they are under the influence? Doesn't that somewhat defeat the purpose of a supervisor?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
not sure how there is no danger since the supervisor has expressed fear to me if they feel they should end the visit due to his behavior and what would you suggest telling a child when they ask why dad can’t talk and keeps falling asleep
The supervisor quite frankly is not appropriate. A trained supervisor would know to intervene if the parent is acting inappropriately and to end the visit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">