• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do when stepmom hits child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Hello everyone,

I just have one question, what can I do as far as court is concerned when my child's has stepmother use physical disciple and dad allows it?

Thanks

Call CPS. Are we talking bruises or spanking?

Spanking but no one asked or talked to me (the other parent) to see if she was allowed to do so...the father of my child just let it happen because when they drop my child off, his wife tells me that's what she did

Modify the court order so that corporal punishment is not permitted by the parents, or other care givers.
His father can disipline him I just don't want his wife doing it because it's not her child....They have a child together and when her child is at my home we don't physically hit her....discipleine should be left up to the parents

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
His father can disipline him I just don't want his wife doing it because it's not her child....They have a child together and when her child is at my home we don't physically hit her....discipleine should be left up to the parents
In your opinion but legally if dad allows his wife to administer corporal punishment she can do so -- as long as it doesn't cross into abuse by legal standards. So go back to court and get a court order stating no third parties can use corporal punishment on the child.

In your opinion but legally if dad allows his wife to administer corporal punishment she can do so -- as long as it doesn't cross into abuse by legal standards. So go back to court and get a court order stating no third parties can use corporal punishment on the child.

So you're telling me I have no say in some one who as you all put it is a 'Legal stranger" to hit our child....that doesnt make since because if they are legal strangers in all other things regarding the court why not when it comes to putting their hands on a child that is not theirs.... I do however have a police report because when I found this out , I pressed charges

majomom1

So you're telling me I have no say in some one who as you all put it is a 'Legal stranger" to hit our child....that doesnt make since because if they are legal strangers in all other things regarding the court why not when it comes to putting their hands on a child that is not theirs.... I do however have a police report because when I found this out , I pressed charges
No... Ohiogal said: go back to court and get a court order stating no third parties can use corporal punishment on the child.

You do have a say. So does Dad. Dad allowed it, so you will have to take it up with him, in court.

Humusluvr

Do you not listen? You were just told the answer!

So go back to court and get a court order stating no third parties can use corporal punishment on the child.

ANSWER ANSWER ANSWER! RIGHT THERE!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You did NOT press charges. You may have filed a complaint but you did NOT press charges. IMPOSSIBLE.

Look up the words in loco parentis. Dad gave her permission to discipline the child. HE has that right. You have the right to give permission to individuals to discipline the child. Do you leave the child with a babysitter? If so, you give that babysitter the right to discipline right? Or do you state that the babysitter cannot discipline the child at all? Oh and discipline includes time outs, taking toys away or anything of that nature -- not ONLY physical discipline. What you have here is a disagreement of the DEGREE of legal discipline allowed to be exercised by third parties/legal strangers.

No... Ohiogal said: go back to court and get a court order stating no third parties can use corporal punishment on the child.

You do have a say. So does Dad. Dad allowed it, so you will have to take it up with him, in court.
well, in that case, court it will be. can I use my police report as evidence?

2Mistakes

Evidence of what?

As of right now, Step-mom didn't do anything wrong (as long as she didn't abuse the child.) The child's father gave smom permission to discipline his child. End of story.

Humusluvr

Its not like that. You will walk into court and say, "I want to modify my orders so that no third party can use corporal punishment on the child." and it will be so.

The judge will make that mod. He will not say, "No MOM. You HAVE to let stepmom smack kiddo."

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">