• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What type of lawyer do I need for...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammy1234

What is the name of your state? MO

I purchased a motorcycle and received the title. I took it in for a tune up and they told me the VIN plate had been removed because the frame at one time had been polished. I knew about the polishing. The frame was actually painted by the mfg. and the owner decided he wanted a polished frame. I found out I could not title it in my name and was told to call the Highway Patrol. They took the bike and are considering it stolen. Although they told me the engine information matched what was on the title. Highway Patrol told me I needed to petition the court for a new VIN. I have no idea how to do this and started calling around for a lawyer. I called 7 different general lawyers and none of them could help me. What type of lawyer do I need?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">