• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what type of violation is this ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annegg

What is the name of your state? Calif

Recently two vehicles , clearly, purposely , hemmed my car in on a public street.
Why would'nt DOT or LAPD respond ?

FlyingRon

What do you mean by hemmed in? If there were parallel parked in front and behind you and you weren't able to pull out, that's typically just tough.

If they were double parked or otherwise illegally positioned, then they are in violation of those statutes.

CdwJava

Recently two vehicles , clearly, purposely , hemmed my car in on a public street.
Why would'nt DOT or LAPD respond ?
Who do you think the DOT is?

And the LAPD has a lot of calls to answer - parking issues are rather low priorities. I presume that eventually someone moved a car so that you could get out.

The questions here include: How do you know the other parties "purposely" blocked your car in (to the curb or wherever)? And, were these other vehicles otherwise legally parked?

If they were legally parked, it makes it hard to do much about it except ask them to move their cars so you can get out. And divining the intent of a driver of a car that is now parked would be an exercise of mystical proportions.

- Carl

fairisfair

a quick review of the poster's history should reveal why no one would respond. and that no one should include us.:rolleyes:;):D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">