• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Ok our final hearing was on Feb 26, 2010. It was a stipulation hearing because we agreed to everything and the attorneys laid it all out for the judge the judge agreed and told My ex's councel to write it up. He said he would have it done the following friday. Well we waited until may 3 and my attorney typed it up and they rejected it and sent a new one that was nothing like we had agreed to. We then got the transcript from the court and the actual recording and sent it to OC and ask that the orders be typed up with no additions or deletions from what was on the cd and transcript from the hearing. To date we have nothing. My attorney said she set an administrative hearing for this friday and I do not need to go. What the heck is this and what can happen? I asked her to ask for fees as well. any info on this I would be greatful for.
Thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Ok our final hearing was on Feb 26, 2010. It was a stipulation hearing because we agreed to everything and the attorneys laid it all out for the judge the judge agreed and told My ex's councel to write it up. He said he would have it done the following friday. Well we waited until may 3 and my attorney typed it up and they rejected it and sent a new one that was nothing like we had agreed to. We then got the transcript from the court and the actual recording and sent it to OC and ask that the orders be typed up with no additions or deletions from what was on the cd and transcript from the hearing. To date we have nothing. My attorney said she set an administrative hearing for this friday and I do not need to go. What the heck is this and what can happen? I asked her to ask for fees as well. any info on this I would be greatful for.
Thank you
Basically, your attorney wants the judge to admonish/yell at the other attorney for not doing what he/she was ordered to do...and for the judge to make sure that it is done right.

I got this from my attorneys assistant this afternoon. Could we really have to have a whole new hearing? This is nuts it has been almost 4 months now.

One more thing. x said that she will ask the Judge to give n a deadline to amend his decree or we will submit ours. thanks

---------- Forwarded message ----------

The hearing tomorrow is a status conference which will be with x; n and Judge. x will take over the order that n wants to enter; the transcription of the cd as to what was agreed with in open court and possibly the proposed order that we drew up. I am not sure if n listened to the cd but he was given a copy. The transcription of the cd is exactly what was in open court at final hearing. If n does not agree they will have to set for another date which will be a day the judge has available on his calendar. If you want to call tomorrow early afternoon I will hopefully have some news or a date with judge.

Thanks

Last edited:

LdiJ

I got this from my attorneys assistant this afternoon. Could we really have to have a whole new hearing? This is nuts it has been almost 4 months now.

One more thing. x said that she will ask the Judge to give n a deadline to amend his decree or we will submit ours. thanks

---------- Forwarded message ----------

The hearing tomorrow is a status conference which will be with x; n and Judge. x will take over the order that n wants to enter; the transcription of the cd as to what was agreed with in open court and possibly the proposed order that we drew up. I am not sure if n listened to the cd but he was given a copy. The transcription of the cd is exactly what was in open court at final hearing. If n does not agree they will have to set for another date which will be a day the judge has available on his calendar. If you want to call tomorrow early afternoon I will hopefully have some news or a date with judge.

Thanks
Unfortunately yes, its possible that there will have to be another hearing.

Well I just heard from my attorney. The judge told the other attorney that the order needs to be in by next friday and needs to be exactly as the transcript from the court hearing is. If he don't have it done by then the we get to submit the decree my attorney drew up. I guess the judge gave him an ear full but did not order attorney fees.

LdiJ

Well I just heard from my attorney. The judge told the other attorney that the order needs to be in by next friday and needs to be exactly as the transcript from the court hearing is. If he don't have it done by then the we get to submit the decree my attorney drew up. I guess the judge gave him an ear full but did not order attorney fees.
Too bad about the attorney fees. Lets hope that the attorney took it to heart and do what he/she is supposed to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">