• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When is discovery of financial condition allowed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexlan

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a civil suit in Georgia and have pled for special damages on a land contract breach.

Looking at the allowable discovery it is not clear if I am entitled to discovery financial information from the defendant through interrogatories and documents. I know I am allowed the discovery if punitive damages are sought; however, I'm not sure about special damages for breach of contract.

Thanks

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

You have started many threads here about your per se law suit, you claim to have a coach, but you continue to ask quesitons here, about very basic things. You have been advised time and time again to get an attorney. One of the former members of this forum has since been banned, if you were relying on their advice, please reevaluate that advice in light of your case. You may want to go back and review your previous threads.

Rexlan

rmet4nzkx said:
You have started many threads here about your per se law suit, you claim to have a coach, but you continue to ask quesitons here, about very basic things. You have been advised time and time again to get an attorney. One of the former members of this forum has since been banned, if you were relying on their advice, please reevaluate that advice in light of your case. You may want to go back and review your previous threads.
3 to be accurate.
However, do you have an answer to this "very basic" question or just this helpful reply?

The difficulty with this forum is that it is laced with idiots who are not helpful. I have only been advised by these morons. The obvious difficulty is that the attorneys are actually the bulk of the problem and have caused a system of injustice to people with legitimate needs and claims.

Yes I do have a coach and I spend a great deal of time trying to do things for myself before I bother him with it.

Reluctantly, I come to this board because of the simplistic replies, like yours, that are neither helpful or beneficial to any party except the author. How could you actually have over 8,000 opinions (posts) and not a one of them to offer any decent input. I am ashamed for you.

rmet4nzkx

Rexlan said:
3 to be accurate.
However, do you have an answer to this "very basic" question or just this helpful reply?

The difficulty with this forum is that it is laced with idiots who are not helpful. I have only been advised by these morons. The obvious difficulty is that the attorneys are actually the bulk of the problem and have caused a system of injustice to people with legitimate needs and claims.

Yes I do have a coach and I spend a great deal of time trying to do things for myself before I bother him with it.

Reluctantly, I come to this board because of the simplistic replies, like yours, that are neither helpful or beneficial to any party except the author. How could you actually have over 8,000 opinions (posts) and not a one of them to offer any decent input. I am ashamed for you.
I am trying to be kind and polite.

The purpose of this forum is to provide advice about legal issues. It is not a RANT/VENT/support site, nor is a legal representation or a replacement for law school. When it is apparent that you are in over you head the most prudent advice is for you to get an attorney, one who has access to all the evidence and the knowledge of the rules of court in the appropriate jurisdiction. In fact, you have given very little in the way of facts to give you any other advice. It is also important to have facts, so that the possible merits of the case are evaluated. You may think you have a wonderful case and all the confidence in the world, but in fact, your case may or not have merit or you have focused on the wrong elements or simply, don't know how to litigate it. Sometimes we have to give you advice you don't like. You may even get angry, but it is better to learn these things here rather than in court where you have no opportunity to perfect your claim.

You don't even have the basic knowledge about litigation, with or without a coach. The other side has an attorney, they know you do not and will take advantage of your legal ignorance until you become disappointed and have to drop your case or it is dismised and you end up paying their attorney's fees.

You are calling people, professional people like myself, idiots and morons, not because they are, but because, you are. Then you have the audacity to call me simplistic because I once again point out you need an attorney and then prove you are in fact, simplistic when you state,:" How could you actually have over 8,000 opinions (posts) and not a one of them to offer any decent input. I am ashamed for you."

Do you see the error in your claim? Where you have faulty logic? That will be your downfall in court. Have you read all my posts or at least 8,000 and NOT A ONE offers any decent input? How can you, if you are comming here seeking legal advice, determine that all of my posts are devoid of "decent" input? How can you make such a simplistic and closed minded statement?

My futher advice, since you refuse to obtain competent legal representation, cut your losses, drop your lawsuit and hope and pray that you aren't assessed their legal costs. Maybe you have irritated them some.

Rexlan

rmet4nzkx said:
I am trying to be kind and polite.

The purpose of this forum is to provide advice about legal issues. It is not a RANT/VENT/support site, nor is a legal representation or a replacement for law school. When it is apparent that you are in over you head the most prudent advice is for you to get an attorney, one who has access to all the evidence and the knowledge of the rules of court in the appropriate jurisdiction. In fact, you have given very little in the way of facts to give you any other advice. It is also important to have facts, so that the possible merits of the case are evaluated. You may think you have a wonderful case and all the confidence in the world, but in fact, your case may or not have merit or you have focused on the wrong elements or simply, don't know how to litigate it. Sometimes we have to give you advice you don't like. You may even get angry, but it is better to learn these things here rather than in court where you have no opportunity to perfect your claim.

You don't even have the basic knowledge about litigation, with or without a coach. The other side has an attorney, they know you do not and will take advantage of your legal ignorance until you become disappointed and have to drop your case or it is dismised and you end up paying their attorney's fees.

You are calling people, professional people like myself, idiots and morons, not because they are, but because, you are. Then you have the audacity to call me simplistic because I once again point out you need an attorney and then prove you are in fact, simplistic when you state,:" How could you actually have over 8,000 opinions (posts) and not a one of them to offer any decent input. I am ashamed for you."

Do you see the error in your claim? Where you have faulty logic? That will be your downfall in court. Have you read all my posts or at least 8,000 and NOT A ONE offers any decent input? How can you, if you are comming here seeking legal advice, determine that all of my posts are devoid of "decent" input? How can you make such a simplistic and closed minded statement?

My futher advice, since you refuse to obtain competent legal representation, cut your losses, drop your lawsuit and hope and pray that you aren't assessed their legal costs. Maybe you have irritated them some.
Thank You .... this is a decent post.

You criticized me and only skimped the facts. Actually I do have considerable knowledge but I am not an attorney. I have questions because I am dealing with an out of state defendant and I have not done this before. Questions may suggest to you that I am not competent; however, I can assure you that you are mistaken and that the court does not share you view.

I have already won on Jurisdiction, venue and failure to state a claim issues. I have also prevailed on the court denying his summary judgment motion and I have prevailed on 2 Motions to Compel and been awarded sanctions. Not bad for a pro se. But I make no claim other than I try to do my own work and ask for help when I need it. Hence this simple post to which I still do not have an answer.

I agree with your statement of the forum purpose; however, MOST of the folks here offer stupid advice and comments. It is a game to them to be a smart ass. I think most of the people who present issues here have real problems or questions and are looking for some help. Saying go get a lawyer is not help right off the bat.

Yep I have a coach and a pretty good one. I am charged and pay for the service. I started with an attorney in Georgia only to get ripped for $1500 for two defective notices he sent. They get a blank check and bill it out accordingly. I am 60 years old and been around the bush once or twice. My work is as good or better than 90% of the attorneys, on my own issues. I know nothing about other issues.

This question arises due to the fact that the defendant is out of state and I am in a good old boy county in SW Virginia. The long arm statute is not clear in the case of a bad check on a contract .... it isn't cut and dry. That was and is the purpose of the question.

So you say you are a professional ... how about an answer or tell me where I can find it? I beleive you have all of the necessary facts needed for the question presented. It would be refreshing to actuall got good advice on this forum but I have seen very little of that. Mostly just off the cuff remarks.
Thanks again.

S

seniorjudge

Rexlan said:
3 to be accurate.

This should bring you lots of helpful replies! :D

Rexlan

seniorjudge said:

This should bring you lots of helpful replies! :D

Taken out of context; however, you have never offered a helpful reply and you are a perfect example of what I said. Have a nice day ... :D

S

seniorjudge

Barking troll alert!

Rexlan said:
Taken out of context; however, you have never offered a helpful reply and you are a perfect example of what I said. Have a nice day ... :D

Barking troll alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">