• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I File??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aka2much

What is the name of your state? california:confused:

I am currently in the US on a tourist visa. And have been residing with my boyfriend a US citizen the past year. We got married last May and was about to file a petition for my legal residency but found out that due to clerical error. My first marriage was never officially annulled (filing got lost) but my separation was mutual and uncontested by both sides. Even though I've been living here in California the past 2 years, I've never acquired a Cal. Id or drivers license because of having only a tourist visa. Can I file for a divorce here in Ca. without any complications or chance of me getting deported or arrested. If there is , then can you suggest where I can file for divorce legally or any suggestions or help on my complicated situation will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">