• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to Begin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wheretobegin

I can not believe I am here again and this Separation has gone on for this long.

What I thought was going to be simple and amicable turned ugly and incomprehensible! Just like you both said it usual does. I still can't believe it.

Anyway, I have a question that I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on. Last year my husband and I went to court and both agreed and signed papers. He agreed to pay the rent and bills, and I agreed to pay my medical bills.

The judge told us to make an agreement by February or he would. That came and went and we were beginning to work out an agreement. He gave us more time. Now my husband said he was waiting for the pension numbers and he still doesn't have them, and we are going into April with a Trial date, just for grounds! This has all taken it's toll on me and I am cooked.

Now I get a letter in the mail from a lawyer's office, that states we have 30 days to leave the premiss's or be evicted. I am stunned to find out my husband has not paid the rent in 6 months!

My lawyer told me to pack and vacate ASAP, and I am doing that. I will be staying with my folks for a while, but my husband came home and freaked. He told me the letter was BS, and I told him the Marshal is going to come here and take our belongings. He said he didn't care and of course I said, I did.

After some arguing, we agreed on furniture, but he said he is taking all the big appliances. Is this allowed? It's not like I can take them with me anyway as I am scrambling and packing to just get out.

Does anyone know the law and what should be done in a case like this? I mean do we have more time than 30 days? That is what the letter states. To top it off my husband went and told the landlord they can't evict us because he has a sick wife. The pair on this man, to even speak out after not paying the LL for 6 months.

I am trying to stay strong, but am barely hanging on now. My retainer that I saved up months for is almost gone and I see no end in sight. I was hoping the man would at least send us back a proposal or something because our court date is quickly approaching and I am just about done.

Any idea on how the judge will react with our current situation?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">