• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who has Jurisdiction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cobrakai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington/Non-Custodial Parent. So today I get paperwork from California stating that my son's mom is requesting a modification to child support. Her and my son just moved down there in June. Original Child Support/Parenting Plan was all done in WA.

Well I contact my son's mom and she says she never asked for a raise in child support. What she did do was apply for Welfare through California and they asked if there was Child Support being received. She said yes and that it was from WA. Well apparently she had to give them my information and if she gets approved for welfare, she's to turn in her child support to California.

I can't believe someone is allowed to quit a great job, move to another state and apply for welfare. What if anything should I do? Will California take over jurisdiction of my Child Support? I want Washington to be and from my understanding they have jurisdiction over it.

Hope someone can please help. Thank you much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">