• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is liable? The nursing home or the nurse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

Thanks to all for your comments

My friend said she is going to call an anonymous tip line if lack of supplies continue to be a problem. She is an RN and has a 6 year old child to support.

tranquility

My friend said she is going to call an anonymous tip line if lack of supplies continue to be a problem. She is an RN and has a 6 year old child to support.
Have her check with the nursing board. She may have to officially report. An anonymous tip may not protect her if an investigation finds there is neglect.

lya

Good Heavens. Your friend is in violation of the Nurse Practice Act for her state. If she cannot complete a physician's order for any reason, her first action is to notify the ordering MD. It is possible that by NOT changing the dressing and notifying the MD, she is practicing medicine without a license. Your friend and the nursing home are both liable. As for notifying the Board, maybe she should. I'm sure the Board would provide with her necessary learning opportunities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">