• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

They initially threatened me with an unfilled lawsuit complaint 6 odd months ago which I basically responded to by saying it was nonsense you have no evidence of such things and also your business has a 9' barbed wired wall around it there is no way even if it was true that my equipment that I do not own or possess could get inside your area to do these things you claim... Show me evidence. I told them if they want to continue the claim I would call an inspector in to verify there are no such things happened inside their area... I heard no response

To make it clear on this forum and yes I understand the concept of defendants harping they are innocent I guarantee without any knowledge of what they have up their sleeve there is no way they have one shred of evidence to support their claims against me; it is purely an abuse of process and harassment to force me to hand over my property without mentioning it in a complaint on the side so they will leave me alone.

Video surveillance evidence could exonerate you (or not) depending on what it showed but it is probably just as well that Biz A has nothing on tape that they potentially can use to support their claims.

Did Biz A ever report the alleged property damage to the police? Was there an investigation into illegal chemical dumping or vandalism or employee injuries? Anything at all that Biz A could use to connect you or Biz B to the damage?

Was anyone around who heard Biz A say the above to you? That would be of benefit to you.

Again, you really need to see an attorney in your area for a personal review. Following is a link to the California Bar Association where you might be able to find direction to a low cost attorney in your area: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/

Last edited:

quincy

They initially threatened me with an unfilled lawsuit complaint 6 odd months ago which I basically responded to by saying it was nonsense you have no evidence of such things and also your business has a 9' barbed wired wall around it there is no way even if it was true that my equipment that I do not own or possess could get inside your area to do these things you claim... Show me evidence. I told them if they want to continue the claim I would call an inspector in to verify there are no such things happened inside their area... I heard no response
So no police reports? Biz A will have a difficult time with its suit.

To make it clear on this forum and yes I understand the concept of defendants harping they are innocent I guarantee without any knowledge of what they have up their sleeve there is no way they have one shred of evidence to support their claims against me; it is purely an abuse of process and harassment to force me to hand over my property without mentioning it in a complaint on the side so they will leave me alone.
Your attorney will help you show the court that Biz A's suit is without merit and filed with an ulterior motive.

We all appreciate the thanks, Gone South. Thanks and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">