• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who needs to sue, me or bank ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PA_Old_Man

What is the name of your state? PA

My car was hit in a parking lot. The person who hit it now claims it wasn't entirely all their fault, and doesn't want to pay for my car's damages. I was thinking of taking him to Small Claims Court.

My car is leased. Can I sue, or does the technical owner of the car (in this case the bank) need to be the one who initiates the lawsuit?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

PA_Old_Man said:
What is the name of your state? PA

My car was hit in a parking lot. The person who hit it now claims it was entirely all their fault, and doesn't want to pay for my car's damages

**A: so did the person previously claim that it was not their fault and agree to pay for the damages?

I was thinking of taking him to Small Claims Court.

My car is leased. Can I sue, or does the technical owner of the car (in this case the bank) need to be the one who initiates the lawsuit?

**A: you need to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">