• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who provides what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tunie

State of Jurisdiction - Illinois

My husband recently received a Motion for a request to modify child support from his ex wife. A hearing is set on her Motion for May 18th.

Via our attorney we have provided tax returns for the last 2 years, his paycheck stub, an Affidavit of Income and Expense statement to be filed with the Court, proof of medical insurance coverage for the minor child, proof of life insurance coverage for the minor child (to be provided per the Marital Settlement Agreement after the divorce) and other various and sundry personal information including my own financial income.

In other words, we have provided everything but our underwear sizes.

In fact, my husband has provided much of the information before as required by the Marital Settlement Agreement per the periodic terms of the same, such as proof of medical insurance and life insurance coverage and tax returns.

This is the first time since AFTER the divorce he has been required to complete an Affidavit of Income and Expenses.

What, if anything, is he entitled to know about HER? We have asked our attorney if the ex has to provide any financial information, such as tax returns or an Affidavit of Income and Expenses and our requests have fallen on deaf ears so far.

He has not spoken to, seen or heard from his ex for the last two years until now and he has no idea of her financial status or if he is entitled to know anything. We do know she has remarried and may have divorced again but even that is truly unknown.

Anyone have any information on what she may be required to provide per Illinois statute or per the Illinois child support guidelines? We have read that the both parties are to provide financial information but everyone else is telling us SHE doesn't have to provide a thing. We have read as much as we could fathom on the pertinent Illinois statute but most of it is Greek to us.

This is the first time this has happened since I have been married to him and it's all new to me so I am learning all manner of new things. I could have easily lived the rest of my life without knowing anything about this type of action but that's not my choice...

Any assistance would be appreciated or perhaps a point in the right direction to something that isn't contradictory or simply confusing.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">