• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whose Tests Are They??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Update

Now I'm even more frustrated. Today I spoke to the nurse that takes my doctors calls for misc. questions. AGAIN I asked why I'm being charged 45.00 for a simple copy of my basic blood test results. She said it was because the whole building (which has approx 20+ doctors and is a physician network)) has gone to all computers and everything is "paperless". Therefore they employ some company to do all their paperwork type stuff such as copies of records etc, and that is the fee this company charges. UGH !!! Should Ijust give it up, or is there some legal rule being broken ?
I feel like I'm being punished for "trying" to be an informed patient.
Thanks, Debbie

You Are Guilty

Or ask them to email the results to you. The statute we were discussing above says they can't tack on an extra processing fee to send you an email.

Plan B is to pay the $45 just so you can get the records, then sue them in Small Claims Court for a return of the fee. (Of course, you'll probably need to find new doctors after that, but in light of the above, maybe that's not such an undesirable outcome).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">