• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why can't Mom ever say this to the judge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AkersTile

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO
Don't need advice on this one, but you guys need a laugh :)

So evidently kiddo got into Mom's custody paperwork recently. It clearly states that kiddo will live with Mom and go to X school district until Dec 31, 2011 and will live with Dad and be reenrolled in Y school district Jan 1, 2012. Kiddo doesn't still want to be at Mom's, especially since Mom moved in with bf and now kiddo is going to different school and sleeping on the couch. So kiddo tells Mom that she can't wait till Jan when she will be back with Dad and not switching schools everytime Mom gets a new bf. Mom says that she doesn't care what the CO states, kiddo is staying with her till school is out for the summer.

Mom and kiddo had this conversation, then Mom called Dad, told him the same thing. I almost died laughing when he told me about it. Needless to say, Dad will be getting kiddo back in Jan, or filing contempt on Mom (again). Is it wrong for me to want her to say that to the judge? LOL

DownTime

She might, if Dad shuts up to her about it and didn't burst out laughing in a discouraging way. :p

An answer in writing filed on a pending custody case that might make *you* laugh (paraphrased):

--- When I talked to (children ages 8 and 10) about the situation, one said while crying that they wanted to live with me and the other wanted to live with Mom. So the kids got split up, and that was how I honored the *court ordered* 50/50 time sharing. ---

AkersTile

She might, if Dad shuts up to her about it and didn't burst out laughing in a discouraging way. :p

An answer in writing filed on a pending custody case that might make *you* laugh (paraphrased):

--- When I talked to (children ages 8 and 10) about the situation, one said while crying that they wanted to live with me and the other wanted to live with Mom. So the kids got split up, and that was how I honored the *court ordered* 50/50 time sharing. ---
That is awesome! LOL. We so need a stupid quotes sticky ;-)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
LOL! If Mom becomes deluded enough she might actually say it! :D

My divorce lawyer asked ex in trial, "So, Red is preventing you from picking up a pen, writing a check [for child support], putting a stamp on it and mailing it to her?" :rolleyes:

Ex answered, "Yes."

I never knew I had super powers! Still trying to figure out a way to make them useful to mankind...

As I have been told (since I was not there, of course), Mom tried getting the child support judge to listen to her complaints about the parenting schedule. The judge explained he wasn't in a position to do anything about the schedule, but she kept on and at one point even started talking over the judge! He was not a happy camper and then revisited Dad's mention of Mom obtaining state assistance for Daughter when Dad is primary parent...a topic he had formerly dismissed. Lesson - don't make the judge mad! ;)

Oh I'd like to toss in a few...

A girl at work tried to get her exes (well three out four babydaddy's) child support raised because she was having a new baby (number five) and didn't think the new babbydaddy had any money.

A friend's boyfriend went before the mediator and stated he was not going to pay child support for his children because his ex-wife was pregnant and if she can have another, she can pay for all three. Then after learning that wasn't an excuse, he wanted a dna test done on his oldest. Mediator agreed and granted him time to do it before making a final decision on child support, he was sitll with in the statute of limitations. Well, a month later, he didn't do it and was now before a judge. The judge asked if he had done it, he said no and he needed even more time. The judge said a month was more than enough time to get a test done and have the results. The guy said he didn't know it cost money and wanted another month so that his dad could pay for it. The judge ordered a set amount for child support and demanded before he leave he pay his arrers (two months) or go to jail.

Hubby's cousin, whom I have a sinking feeling ate paint chips or was dropped on her head (a lot), just went to court over visitation for an infant. When the judge asked why she hadn't let her ex see the baby, she said he was jerk and doesn't deserve to see him. Also, he won't sign his paychecks over to her, when he does he will be able to take the baby where he wants.

For hubby's ex:

1/2 hubby's income, 20% of mine, and hubby or me (whomever had better insurance) cover the child and pay 100% of non-covered expenses, and any and all activities were to be paid for by hubby...judge laughed her out of the court room. They had a hearing only to point and laugh I think....

Demanded a raise in support because her boyfriend got evicted from his apartment (judge told her not to come back for three years after that one)

Proserpina

I'm not kidding you.

Estranged parents get into a fight, and Mom assaults Dad while tween child is present. Tween actually called 911, CPS get involved, and Dad gets temp. custody.

Mom posts bail, and the next morning files an ex parte motion to revoke Dad's custody. This is, verbatim, what she wrote (I've corrected spelling errors etc.,).

(And I'm seriously not kidding. If I hadn't seen it for myself....)

"(Dad) is encouraging our daughter to steal. The fight we had was because he took my one-hitter and lighter and wouldn't return them to me. This is stealing and I don't think my daughter should be around that or with someone with loose morals".

Isis1

I'm not kidding you.

Estranged parents get into a fight, and Mom assaults Dad while tween child is present. Tween actually called 911, CPS get involved, and Dad gets temp. custody.

Mom posts bail, and the next morning files an ex parte motion to revoke Dad's custody. This is, verbatim, what she wrote (I've corrected spelling errors etc.,).

"(Dad) is encouraging our daughter to steal. The fight we had was because he took my one-hitter and lighter and wouldn't return them to me. This is stealing and I don't think my daughter should be around that or with someone with loose morals".
oh. my. god.

teach85

I'm not kidding you.

OMG, that is hilarious! Lets just freely admit to having a one hitter! :eek:

Just Blue

I'm not kidding you.

Forgive my ignorance. Is a "one-hitter " a drug thing?

Proserpina

oh. my. god.

Um..just to clarify, this wasn't any of ours LOL.

(This was a friend of #2, who needed to use our Internet and printer to print off her statement. I'm not naturally that nosy, but she'd left the document up on Word. I literally almost peed myself laughing after she left)

(Oh, and no, Mom didn't keep custody. Tween is safely with Dad while Mom deals with..uh...whatever it is she's uh..dealing with. Heck, I'm pretty sure she's signed up here before)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">