• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why so long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannaluvlife

What is the name of your state?CA

My child support case opened in May/2005. To this day, I have not received a notice for the NCP to start paying. Does the process ususally take this long?

Thanks...

wannaluvlife said:
What is the name of your state?CA

My child support case opened in May/2005. To this day, I have not received a notice for the NCP to start paying. Does the process ususally take this long?

Thanks...
Yes.....sometimes it does :eek: . Ask the DCSS for your participant ID#, which they will mail to you, so you can access your case online and then email them for status. Keep in mind that if you have any information you can offer to them (where NCP is working, living, etc.) that will help them to assist you faster.

nextwife

Had paternity already been legally established, or did that firtst need to be done? Did CSE KNOW where biodad could be found? Does biodad work someplce in which granishment could be done, or are they self-employed, or maybe unemployed or imprisoned?

wannaluvlife said:
And what does it mean when I call and they say "my case has been initated to another ageny or organization?"
If your answer to nextwife's question on paternity being established is "yes" then you should call DCSS back and ask for more specific details or go to the website below and email your local office. I received a letter late last year saying that California DCSS was centralizing their processing system, I think as of 1/1/06. Maybe this has something to do with it.

http://www.childsup.cahwnet.gov/county_locations.asp

Gracie3787

wannaluvlife said:
And what does it mean when I call and they say "my case has been initated to another ageny or organization?"
Does the NCP live in another state? That's the only reason that I can think of for them to say they've given the case to another agency.

karma1

Fyi

CA has recently created a "new" central payment processing site call the California State Disbursement Unit (SDU)

DCSS is in the process of changing payments to go through this agency.

This may be the hold-up too~

wannaluvlife

Once I do receive my first payment... how do they arrange payments since it would be retroactive back from May/2005? Will he be ordered to pay a lump sum to be up-to-date or would they break down the payments?

Thanks again!!

wannaluvlife said:
Once I do receive my first payment... how do they arrange payments since it would be retroactive back from May/2005? Will he be ordered to pay a lump sum to be up-to-date or would they break down the payments?

Thanks again!!
I think I am confused. I originally thought you were asking about the Dept. of Child Support Services but now I'm not so sure. Are you asking about your case with DCSS or are you waiting to even get a child support order?

"Had paternity already been legally established, or did that firtst need to be done? Did CSE KNOW where biodad could be found? Does biodad work someplce in which granishment could be done, or are they self-employed, or maybe unemployed or imprisoned?" Please respond to nextwife's questions.

wannaluvlife

Sorry I was not clear. I filed with DCSS in May/2005. Yes, paternity was established. The latest notice I received from DCSS was in Nov/2005 stating NCP was served all the legal paperwork and if he didn't take the proper paperwork to the courts they would take action. We live in the same county. Please advise if you would know why there's a hold up and how the payments are arranged?!

Thanks.

wannaluvlife said:
Sorry I was not clear. I filed with DCSS in May/2005. Yes, paternity was established. The latest notice I received from DCSS was in Nov/2005 stating NCP was served all the legal paperwork and if he didn't take the proper paperwork to the courts they would take action. We live in the same county. Please advise if you would know why there's a hold up and how the payments are arranged?!

Thanks.
The hold up may be that he hasn't paid anything. Does he work? If he doesn't pay willingly, then they have to garnish his wages or whatever they can. They also garnish unemployment, intercept tax refunds, place liens on property. There is a maximum amount that they can garnish so, the amount that he is ordered to pay isn't necessarily the amount that you will get. Be aware that the process is very slow. It took them 3 years to even file contempt charges on my ex. Again, I would suggest that you get the online access for www.casespaymentweb.com. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions, as I've been dealing with DCSS for nearly 10 years. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">