• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife died in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alterarbor

What is the name of your state?Illinois
On Oct. 9 2003 my wife and I were involved in an accident in which she was killed. She was driving--approached a stop sign it is not clear if she stopped or not --I was knocked out and don't remember. As we were crossing the intersection a vehicle hit us in the drivers side, no tickets were issued. I am not really into sueing but I talked to a couple of lawyers--one said not worth it--the other said the ins. of the other person would pay something just to settle out of court.. that true or not. The one that said persue it was a casual contact from out of state and wouldn't take the case. Thank You :confused:

Some Random Guy

So your wife has a stop sign she had to stop at. Did the other party also have a stop sign? A fatal accident with no citations is very rare at 4-way stops since both cars should be moving very slowly through the intersection.

That means its probably just your wife who who had a stop sign. And lacking any further facts from yourself, what we have seems to be a failure to yield on your wife's part.

Sure you could try to be a nuisance, and get money you don't deserve. But it really sounds like you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">