• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife left, demanding money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

I asked for LEGAL advice, because no matter what my opinion is, that doesnt make it the law.

Some of you are just rude. No, it doesn't say a lot about my brother that he married her. She's a manipulative person, she made him believe she loved him with all her heart and that she wanted to be with him forever. She pretended to be looking for a job & swore she'd get her GED.
He should definitely speak to his CO. Not that I question those that know more about military law, but I took it as to support the wife and children. Not just give them money. So the home would be available, food, necessities, but why does she get to decide how and how much? It's not like he kicked her out, right?

Thick skin.

I asked for LEGAL advice, because no matter what my opinion is, that doesnt make it the law.

Some of you are just rude. No, it doesn't say a lot about my brother that he married her. She's a manipulative person, she made him believe she loved him with all her heart and that she wanted to be with him forever. She pretended to be looking for a job & swore she'd get her GED.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm giving you truthful advice from my past experiences.

I suggest you read it all then take what you want since it was all free.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should definitely speak to his CO. Not that I question those that know more about military law, but I took it as to support the wife and children. Not just give them money. So the home would be available, food, necessities, but why does she get to decide how and how much? It's not like he kicked her out, right?
Bingo. That's the correct intent of the regulation.
Not just pay the wife whenever she demands.

What if there was a lease or a house payment, should he break the lease or let the house go in foreclosure because the wife decides she wants to shack up elsewhere after they already made commitments. No.
He went back to the barracks, that dose not mean he is still not paying to break his lease early.

Any land lord could call his command and say he was failing to pay his debts, then what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">