• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wifes debt dragging me down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GKW

My wife continues to pile up credit card debt. Everytime she gets a new account, I make her close it and tear up the cards. Usually, by the time I find out, she has already used them. Every time I get rid of her credit cards, its just a matter of time before she gets a promotional offer from someone in the mail and opens up another new account. Do I have any legal recourse (besides divorce) to keep my self from potential liability?

vrzirn

Send her to Shoppers Anonymous. Seriously, this often is a compulsive disorder. It may also have roots in anger and is a means of punishing you. Consider counseling. There are apparently underlying issues for this behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">