• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will ex with SES be violated for new arrests?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MISSOURI/ My ex-husband was sentenced to 1 year unsupervised probation with "suspended execution of sentence" for driving on a revoked license. I receive notifications of his court actions as I am on the nationwide VINE (victim) notification list. I called the circuit clerk to ask who the prosecutor was after she told me St Louis City (MO) courts were showing his last conviction there as 1988. Not true-he has been in prison twice for drugs (possession and sales), was a federal fugitive from justice for a time, several DUIs, felony assault, etc. He had even absconded while on parole from the Honor Center in St. Louis. I didn't need to be notified then, as he showed up. I turned him in. No one bothered to check any of this, I suppose, as it was traffic court and charged as a misdemeanor. Two weeks later, warrants were issued for misdemeanor possession of marijuana as well as a felony for possession of a controlled substance, although this time in St. Louis County. He was arrested in August, but warrants were not issued until October. He called my parents home after Thanksgiving and said my daughter had been seriously injured and was hospitalized, leaving a phone number for me to call. I did, immediately. It was my ex. He will not go away. His idiot girlfriend called me at 5 a.m. the next day and left a voicemail telling me he had beat her up, not to tell him she called, and kept calling. I changed my number, again. What is the possibility he will be charged with probation violation in St. Louis City? What sentence can he expect for the new charges with his record? The man was diagnosed with ASPD, so conscience and learning from his mistakes are not present to deter him.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

A suspended sentence can always be reinstated for violation of the conditions of the court. Likely? Don't know. Usually on a suspended license type thing it usually is because the guy went ahead and drove anyway.

Probably not anything you can do on his subsequent activity that doesn't direclty involve you, victim status or not. If you had some sort of restraining order or no-contact with you or your family was a condition of the probation, you'd be better off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">