• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I still be prosecuted for a bac of .04 or less?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

In PA, the presence of any illicit drug in your system is automatically a DUI. Regardless of when you smoked it/took the drug. There goes your case!

CdwJava

I'm confused about the whole drug screening thing. I smoke weed every now and then, so if they do a drug test I'm sure it would show some in my system. I didn't smoke anything the day/night I was arrested - in fact, I hadn't smoked for more than 24 hours, so I was not "high" when I was driving, by any means. How do they handle this? Obviously a dui is driving under the influence and I absolutely was not driving under the influence of weed....I'm sure it would be used against me, but how would it relate to a dui if I wasn't under the influence?
In CA driving under the influence of marijuana is not proven by the presence of the drug alone. To show impairment by marijuana, the FSTs would also have to demonstrate this impairment in addition to its presence in the system ... and after 24 hours, it is doubtful that the required concentration of metabolite would be present to test positive.

- Carl

heyitsme

In CA driving under the influence of marijuana is not proven by the presence of the drug alone. To show impairment by marijuana, the FSTs would also have to demonstrate this impairment in addition to its presence in the system ... and after 24 hours, it is doubtful that the required concentration of metabolite would be present to test positive.

- Carl
Alright, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">