• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Winfield Rd right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randyp

Vriginia

-i am looking to obtain property owned by my grandfather. i need to gain right of way through Winfield Rd in southern Virginia (Abington). The man will not give me right of way because he says he owns Winfield Rd. I need to know if Winfield Rd is really his, or how to obtain my right of way. I hope you can help me

Last edited:

seniorjudge

randyp said:
Vriginia

-i am looking to obtain property owned by my grandfather. i need to gain right of way through Winfield Rd in southern Virginia (Abington). The man will not give me right of way because he says he owns Winfield Rd. I need to know if Winfield Rd is really his, or how to obtain my right of way. I hope you can help me
You could go to the county courthouse and ask the assessor (or whoever taxes real property) if the guy is being taxed for this road.

You may also need to have a local title company research this and find out if the road is indeed a private road or a public road.

randyp

Thanks Seniorjudge

thanks Seniorjudge

do you have any other ideas on what i may be able to do about right of way through Windfield Rd.... your first bit of information was great, but i would like to know more just incase.
thanks for all of your help

seniorjudge

randyp said:
thanks Seniorjudge

do you have any other ideas on what i may be able to do about right of way through Windfield Rd.... your first bit of information was great, but i would like to know more just incase.
thanks for all of your help
I can't answer hypothetical questions.

However, as far as I know, no state allows a piece of land to be landlocked. If that is true in your state, then you need to hire a lawyer and "sue out an easement".

From your post, it is not clear whether you are landlocked.

If you are NOT landlocked and you just think it would be nifty to get an easement from the guy, then that would normally not be enough to have a court make him give you an easement.

In other words, the answer to all your questions is, "It depends...."

randyp

One last question

Do you know it virginia is allows landlocks? I dont know where to find this information so i thought you may know.

randyp

Help Me

Can any one tell me if Windfield Rd (in Abington Virginia) is a rode that belongs to the county or belongs to one individual. I am looking to gain right of way through a mans yard who tells me taht he will not let me pass through.

seniorjudge

randyp said:
Can any one tell me if Windfield Rd (in Abington Virginia) is a rode that belongs to the county or belongs to one individual. I am looking to gain right of way through a mans yard who tells me taht he will not let me pass through.
Asked and answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">