• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman kicked out of an American Legion Meeting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

Re: www.bartcop.com

pamela vandi said:
Starrz: Another site of interest is www.bartcop.com. I suggest that you send your story to Bartcop's website by e-mailing him at [email protected]. It would expose the American Legion to the publicity it deserves if Bartcop were to print your story on his website.
Pammie, are you on drugs again?? Your posts are not only completely unrelated to the subject of this thread, they have no relation to anything. So far, you have suggested that the writer, who clearly has NO legal basis for demanding admission to a closed organization, go to:
1) 'Bartcop'!! What the hell is that?? I went there and it appears to be another idiotic, mindless, "I am mad at the world" website. And it offers NOTHING to the writer of this forum.
2) Gulfwarvets. Obviously, this is a site supporting the Gulf veterans, but again, they have absolutely NO control over the decisions or policies of the AmVets. And in fact, THEY (Gulf Vets) meet the membership criteria that the writer lacks.
3) Beanbag(??). Just as your 'go to' Bartcop, this site has nothing to do with the writers issue.

Pammie, it is clear that you have gone 'off the meds' again. For the sake of your sanity, please start taking them..... your ignorance is showing.... and it is mighty embarassing to you.

H

hexeliebe

B.S. and meds? what have I missed?

Hey IAAL, I have a pasture that could use some of that B.S.

As for the meds, I am beginning to think life would be much simplier with them, want to share pammie?

The last time I looked, the American Legion was a private organization and, as IAAL stated, as such not required to offer open membership.

But that's just me, a drugged out, hippy liberal Viet Nam Vet...

pass the bong..........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

P

pamela vandi

www.drugawareness.org

American Legion post elects officers

May 21, 2003

LAFAYETTE — Darrell DesOrmeaux Sr., who assumed leadership of the American Legion Post 69 upon the death of Lester Guidry in February, was elected to his own full term on Tuesday.

Guidry’s daughter, Charmaine Guidry Wright, was chosen senior vice commander.

They were opposed by past Post 69 Commander Henry Garcia for Commander, and Joseph Angelle for Senior Vice Commander.

Elected without opposition were Karen Fontenot, junior vice commander; Raymond Labit, sergeant at arms; and A.J. Boulet and Harold Winston, color guard. All are elected for one-year terms.

Wright and Fontenot are the first women ever to be elected to command posts at Post 69, according to DesOrmeaux.

DesOrmeaux, who was senior vice commander at the time of Guidry’s death on Feb. 22, said he plans to “complete the exemplary work begun by Lester Guidry to save the post from financial disaster and to repair and renovate the post.”

Wright is a 10-year service veteran and worked with her father on American Legion matters, DesOrmeaux said.

Fontenot, a Vietnam veteran, served as post adjutant for the past year.

The above article is in today's on-line issue of the Daily Advertiser, a newspaper in Louisiana. I would have posted a link, but that confuses some of the less intelligent viewers. If Starrz hasn't been chased away by their drug-induced remarks, she may wish to contact the newly-elected women officers of the American Legion's Post 69 to get their opinions of the discrimination she faced.

As for the www.drugawareness.org link, that is for the less intelligent viewers whose posts indicate that they use psychiatric drugs in addition to alcohol.

H

hexeliebe

reading through my drug hazziness...

I did notice that the news article mentioned that the women elected were MEMBERS of the legion post for which they now hold offices.

Could this mean that the woman poster was NOT a member and THAT is the real issue here?

Naw....that's too easy.

it would mean instead of a discriminination issues we're dealing with a private organization which is allowed to decide for themselves who they admit and not admit, outside of their by-laws which, ye gads, allow women membership....

Damn, where did that bong go....

Next you'll be telling me it's alright for the Boy Scouts to not allow gay scout leaders....now THAT's a discrimination case...or ....

things are getting too fuzzy....need more meds.

JETX

Pammie... further evidence that you are off your meds....

From YOUR own post (which I guess was supposed to have some relevance), you were apparently assuming that the fact that the AMVet chapter had two female officers some how supports the writers NON-veteran issue.

"Guidry’s daughter, Charmaine Guidry Wright, was chosen senior vice commander."
"Wright is a 10-year service veteran"

"Elected without opposition were Karen Fontenot, junior vice commander;"
"Fontenot, a Vietnam veteran,"

They are both veterans, and therefore qualify for membership in the AmVets. The original writer is NOT a veteran, and is therefore does NOT meet the membership criteria.

T

Theodore Bundy

I got kicked out of the women's locker room at the YMCA. I think that's discrimination too. After all, it is the Young MENS Christian Association so as a man I should be able to access the entire building , right?:D

P

pamela vandi

ted bundy

Ted Bundy was executed some time ago. He was a serial killer. This reference is posted in regard to the name of the party who posted prior to this post, listing his name as "theodore bundy." Explanation of revelance of this info is directed to those who could not figure out the connection of my previous posts to the issue at hand. Maybe they're taking psychiatric drugs in addition to alcohol; one of them seems to be obsessed with drugs. I referred him to www.durgawareness.org.

H

hexeliebe

I resemble that remark

{sniff sniff}

momma always said "relevant is as relevant does"...

{snort snort}

but the point is pammie dear, I AM a viet nam vet, disabled and a member of both the Disabled American Veterans Association and the American legion and since you still can't read I'll make a donation to "Between the Lions" on PBS in your honor.

{toke toke}

Sounds like PMS to me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">