• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wont hire a non smoker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

above82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I applied for a job where I was told they do drug testing as well as testing for smoking. I just recently quit...32 days smoke free using the nicoderm patch. Can I be denied employment based on the fact that even though I no longer smoke and am using the patch for a few more weeks. I was told they didnt want to waste my time. Is this legal.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I applied for a job where I was told they do drug testing as well as testing for smoking. I just recently quit...32 days smoke free using the nicoderm patch. Can I be denied employment based on the fact that even though I no longer smoke and am using the patch for a few more weeks. I was told they didnt want to waste my time. Is this legal.
This is compleately legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In Florida, this is legal. There are a few states where it would not be; in Florida and the majority of states, it is.

Odd, but legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">