• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

injured my back on the job with 21 years service, a city employe. I have 7 years before I can retire. My employer has 56 employees and is in Michigan. I have been cleared to go back on perm light duty(no lifting more than 25 lbs no sitting more than 20 min and a 4 to 5 hr workday) I am union and cannot do my job description. the union says that the city is not in violation of the cotract so there is nothing they can do.my employer has a "no light duty policy" I have been in contact with the EEOC and they feel I have a case for descrimination. they have made no attempt to modify my job description or give me another job with the city, this could be done since ther is work I can do and be productive. is it worth it to go after them or am I wasting my time. I know mediation will not work so I will have to hire an attorney. comp is treating me ok but I will soon loose my health insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">