• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman's Compensation and Collection Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enjay

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My husband was injured on the job back in January (an enormous splinter in his leg that needed to be cut out). We've received several bills that were immediately turned over to his employer to submit to their insurance carrier.

Today I received a "Final Notice," with the threat to send this to collections, etc. My DH will give this to his employer on Monday but what I need to know is if this is sent to collections and shows up as a collections account on our credit what will we have to do to remedy the situation and will we have any recourse with his employer or their insurance carrier for causing us financial harm.

I'd rather just pay it and beg for reimbursement but hubby doesn't want to tie up our money. We should have had our health insurance handle this.

Why aren't you dealing directly with his companies WC insurance carrier? Have you received ANYTHING from them? Do you have a case/claim number assigned to you?

If not, I would be worried that your dh company never submitted a WC claim.

In answer to your question tho', if this doesn't get handled it will hurt your credit and you may not be able to get it removed since in reality, you will be late paying the bill. Your idea of paying it would be a better move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">