• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would this be Infringement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Basikboy

If you print t-shirts with funny qoutes from cult movies such as Anchorman, Super Bad or Talladega Nights and sell them on the Internet could you be slapped with a lawsuit? I have been thinking about doing this because I see these shirts everywhere on the web and most even admit on their sites that they come up with their own designs from funny quotes of various cult movies and print the t-shirts there selves and sell them. Many on Cafepress. Is there anything to worry about If I were to consider doing this? Thank you.

divgradcurl

If you print t-shirts with funny qoutes from cult movies such as Anchorman, Super Bad or Talladega Nights and sell them on the Internet could you be slapped with a lawsuit? I have been thinking about doing this because I see these shirts everywhere on the web and most even admit on their sites that they come up with their own designs from funny quotes of various cult movies and print the t-shirts there selves and sell them. Many on Cafepress. Is there anything to worry about If I were to consider doing this? Thank you.
Generally, no - froma copyright perspective. It is possible that a studio or marketing group may have registered a trademark or otherwise claim trademark rights to a particular catch phrase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">