• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ and order of Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Puritan-ky

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Hello,

My home has gone through the judicial foreclosure process and was auctioned off at public sale where FNMA bought the house.

I have never received any notices at all depicting exactly when I had to leave the house. Ive already arranged for a new apartment which wont be ready until Jan 1st. Over the past 2 months had been planning on moving Jan 1st 07'

Well this past Friday the 15th. A sheriff deputy knocks on my door at 9pm at night and serves me a paper stating I had to be out of the house by Monday the 18th at 9am or I would be arrested.

Is this how the process is suppose to work? 1 week before xmas and im getting thrown out on my butt nowhere to go with only 2 day notice!!! Not only that a notice which was delivered on a weekend, and noone is open on weekends!!

Ive tried looking for info on kentuckys foreclosure law but havent found any info to specify how much time im allowed. I was previously told by the local constible that I would get 20days notice......

Any info is much appreciated!!

fedann

fedann

Being from New York I don't know the laws in Kentucky. This happened to my brother in New York and he had everything out of the house before the deadline. I don't recall the notification time frame. You would be surprised what owners will take with them, from appliances to light fixtures and cabinets. My suggestion would be get everything out and put in in storage if you have to or you will loose it when they come back. Good luck.

Puritan-ky

Well just an update to anyone whos curious or stuck in the same situation

Early this morning the 18th I called the PSC (Attorney) who is working for the bankwho foreclosed my home. I explained the situation and she was very understanding. She immediatly called the bank who owned my home and was able to work out a better move out timeline for me. She then called the local Sheriff and had them back down.

Couldnt ask for a btter solution!

HUD-1

Good outcome. I know many lenders who are wary of kicking anyone out around the holidays. They are also reluctant to evict/eject widows and military personel who are overseas. They want to avoid bad press and are willing to extend deadlines etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">