• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
That's true. Nobody here "has your back". What many of the posters here do have, however, is accurate information that will help you (or, in this case, your father) navigate legal issues. Many. Not all.

It is not a clear case of "defamation of character", and I wonder if eterry has considered or is even aware of a defense against a defamation charge which, if it doesn't honestly apply in this case, could still easily be claimed by the woman. I'd just come right out with it, but frankly I'm not really inclined to make it that easy for him.

If your dad does try to sue for defamation--well, good luck to him.

Proserpina

That's true. Nobody here "has your back". What many of the posters here do have, however, is accurate information that will help you (or, in this case, your father) navigate legal issues. Many. Not all.

It is not a clear case of "defamation of character", and I wonder if eterry has considered or is even aware of a defense against a defamation charge which, if it doesn't honestly apply in this case, could still easily be claimed by the woman. I'd just come right out with it, but frankly I'm not really inclined to make it that easy for him.

Oh, I know, I know!...I can think of at least one ;)

Applez

Thanks, Charlotte, but I can guarantee you that won't happen.

cbg, along with the others, have given you invaluable advice. Take it :)
I know. And I have. :)

As I mentioned earlier, this whole thing is done and done and is literally old news to both my father and I.

My latest post to Eterry wasn't to imply in the least that I'm interested in pursuing legal action, but rather that -I- was merely interested in reading about defamation - for my own knowledge. I can understand how the difference may have not been very clear, tho'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">