• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination. Where can I file complain?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katewmia

Thank you to all of you who answered my question. I found out that even my co-worker is lying that manager is not involve so I guess I should just keep quite and let it go.

Kiawah

So in summary, 'legally' they could fire you if they wanted to.

However, if you have 'proof' that a manager gave the approval to do that, then escalate up through the management chain. Ask for a review from a 2nd line manager above who gave you the approval and show them your proof. If you have no proof that your immediate manager gave the approval, then you are most likely out of luck and you've learned a lesson to keep documentation in situations like that.

With proof, they may still fire you anyhow, as they'll look at other performance as well to see if you are an employee that they want to keep around, particularly given the economy downturn. But, if this was the only problem with an otherwise exemplary performance, with proof they could reverse the previous termination decision.

Good luck.

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
But, if this was the only problem with an otherwise exemplary performance, with proof they could reverse the previous termination decision.
But, to be clear, they still will not be legally obligated to do so. Even if she has the manager on the 6:00 news telling her to do whatever, they can still fire her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">