• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happyntx77

In Texas.

I was fired for being late when i was not late. I have several witnesses that know i was there on time and that the supervisor does not like me and was tring to replace me to bring in a friend. What course of action should I take?

BelizeBreeze

happyntx77 said:
In Texas.

I was fired for being late when i was not late. I have several witnesses that know i was there on time and that the supervisor does not like me and was tring to replace me to bring in a friend. What course of action should I take?
Find a new job. This isn't even close to a wrongful termination.

amelvin

The State of Texas is a "right to work" state, which means, an employer can fire you for any reason they feel like. Just like you can quit for any reason you want. Don't dwell on the past, move forward and find a different position.

BelizeBreeze

amelvin said:
The State of Texas is a "right to work" state, which means, an employer can fire you for any reason they feel like. Just like you can quit for any reason you want. Don't dwell on the past, move forward and find a different position.
And this isn't 'right to work'. Right to work means only that you cannot be forced to join a union.

HomeGuru

happyntx77 said:
In Texas.

**A: what course of action do you want to take if you have absolutely no case?

HomeGuru

amelvin said:

**A: search the definition of an "at will" state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">