• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runamuk

What is the name of your state? California
What are the statutes on "wrongful termination" suits in CA? Suit was filed in 1989 and was unable to finish the process due to unforseen circumstances.
:confused:

Beth3

I don't even need to ask you what kind of wrongful termination suit you're referring to because whatever it was, the statute of limitations tolled a LONG time ago. Whatever wrongful act may have occured took place at least 16 years ago.

runamuk

Beth3 said:
I don't even need to ask you what kind of wrongful termination suit you're referring to because whatever it was, the statute of limitations tolled a LONG time ago. Whatever wrongful act may have occured took place at least 16 years ago.
The suit was filed in the State of CA in 1989 and I do know that part of my suit (sexual harrassment) has NO statute of limitations. Maybe you need to check on the validity of your answer. Thank you for your response though.
:(

Beth3

Sexual harassment claims do indeed have statutes of limitations - 180 days at the federal level and typically 300 days at the State level.

Zephyr

runamuk said:
The suit was filed in the State of CA in 1989 and I do know that part of my suit (sexual harrassment) has NO statute of limitations. Maybe you need to check on the validity of your answer. Thank you for your response though.

if you already knew then why did you ask?

Beth3

Makes you wonder, eh?

If the poster can refile a SH suit that was dropped in 1989, I'll be flabberghasted.

runamuk

Statutes

Zephyr said:
if you already knew then why did you ask?
Because I DO NOT know the statutes on the remainder of the lawsuit. I was told that there was NO statute on the "sexual harrassment" part. I was awarded "the right to sue for sexual harassment" by the STATE of CA. There are nine (9) other counts listed in my lawsuit (i.e. breach of contract, fraud, etc.) Thank you!

Beth3

I was awarded "the right to sue for sexual harassment" by the STATE of CA. Under federal law, that gives you 90 days to file suit. I wouldn't expect CA statues to be much different.

Your legal ship sailed a looooooong time ago.

Gadfly

Are you asking for the actual statutes on wrongful termination or are you ask what the statute of limitations is? Either way, it would be amazing if you have a valid case after all this time.

mlane58

Either way, it would be amazing if you have a valid case after all this time.
Amazing? It would be a freak'in miracle and I will win Powerball before that happens and guess what? I 'm not going to win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">