• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfuly terminated from Wal-mart- any advice????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

RedemptionMan said:
When you gain a CLUE as to what you are talking about then make comments.

The state board of pharmacies are 100% accountable for disciplining pharmacists for their improper acts. Anything that has to due with character, morality, ethics, etc. etc. can result in them taking action against a liscensee. However, they usually only worry about criminal charges and the actions mentioned would result in nothing more than like I said a slap on the wrist. Doctors of Pharmacy are treated a lot better than licensed pharmacy techs and that is just the way it is************** as far as the Wal-Mart job who cares. Pharmacies need techs extremely bad and you could get a job numerous places and quickly....
Get over yourself. They are not going to concern themselves with an internal company policy that has nothing to do with ethics, morals, or character. It is merely a company policy.
There is nothing to even infer that there was anyhting "improper" as far as the review boards would be concerned.

xylene

Gadfly said:
Actually you don't know that because OP "lost" the handbook.
Even if she had it, I would not know what it said. What I was saying was a 'thought experiment' to illustrate how a dating rule with sanctions for one partner did not apply automatically to the other partner.

I was wrong to say that the policy was silent, it was an assumption wrongly infered from what the OP said.

In fact the the OP says that in ONE case of employee/supervisor dating the parties were reassigned.

I also stipulated that

In this case, WAL-MART fired someone for breaking policy, and for making trouble, which is really all that matters.
So in the end, it seems that there was no wrongful termination...

xylene

justalayman said:
Get over yourself. They are not going to concern themselves with an internal company policy that has nothing to do with ethics, morals, or character. It is merely a company policy.
There is nothing to even infer that there was anyhting "improper" as far as the review boards would be concerned.
1) Dating a subordinate
2) Quitting a job to avoid punishment and/or discharge
3) Taking that position back after the dated subordinate has been discharged for misconduct...

I am sure that lesser actions could be misconstured as a moral problem...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So in the end, it seems that there was no wrongful termination...

I thought we'd established that early in the thread.

justalayman

1) Dating a subordinate
Are you trying to tell me there is a rule in any Pharm's licensing organizations regarding who they can date?

2) Quitting a job to avoid punishment and/or discharge
There is no proof of this to start with. Additionally it had to do with company policy, nothing else.

3) Taking that position back after the dated subordinate has been discharged for misconduct...
So, what would this have to do with anything at all. Where is there any evidence that the Phrm. left because of this or was coming back because the tech was fired.

No evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of the Pharm except dating against company policy. I don't think that raises a big red flag in the review boardroom at the pharm. licensing agency.

ejko28

I thank you all for your comments. I am not going to sue or anything i just wanted to know what others thought. To make it clear though, the pharmacist (my boyfriend) did not leave because of me, he left due to the lack of communication between pharmacists and his superiors and things that had been going on with the pharmacy in general. I appreciate everyones comments.

JUSTCURIOUS

Fight back on your unemployment... Unless they can prove that you broke a "rule" you were fully aware of, even Wally World dont stand a chance. It is really hard for companies to win unemployment dicrepencies unless there is a theft or major misconduct. Forget the rest & good luck.

mlane58

It is really hard for companies to win unemployment dicrepencies unless there is a theft or major misconduct. Forget the rest & good luck.
Really? Can you back that statement up? I have contested hundreds of unemployment claims for absenteeism, conduct, and performance and I win a vast majority of them. Unless the claimant can persuade the unemployement hearing officer that their termination was through no fault of their own or it is for a medical reason, then chances are they will be denied.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Heck, I've had employees turned down for UI benefits on the basis of excessive absences/tardies when I didn't even contest.

erzabel

ejko28 said:
I just wanted to throw this in here and see what anyone thinks. Wal-mart is now thining about hiring him back. Can they do that and if they do knowing that we had a relationship is there anything I can do? I dont think that would be fair. I am not going to sue but I just want to hear what others think other than my family and friends. thanks for listening.

after your termination you can reply after 6 months. the down fall is you start everything over as a new hire. I am a wal-mart assistant manager and what you and he did is wrong and i know when i do orientation i always cover the policy of fratenzation. this is common thing at wal-mart. the policy states that if you are a salary or hourly manager you can't date anyone you would be over period. He as a pharmicist could not dat anyone in the store sincce he can have influnce on other assoicates evals or coachings. you on the other could of dated anyone else in the store except management or your department manager in your own department.
here is a example i can't even date someone who works in one of the small bussiness inside of a wal0mart due to the fact that i would have to interfene if something was to go wrong.
beleive me if you had a case i would tell you i'm not to happy with some of things that wal-mart does.

if you ever decide to go back and want to date someone over you transfer before going out with them then you'll be safe . thats what i did and they were all for it since i came and requested the transfer so i may persue a relationship with the assocaite in the store .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">