• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"You're Lucky You Don't Work For Me"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JOliver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I'm not sure where to put this, but in an e-mail conversation with a former boss said boss told an employee that the employee should feel "lucky you don't work for me."

I'm curious if this can be viewed as harassment, a threat to job security or if this should be swept under the rug?

Thanks for any insight.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I'm not sure where to put this, but in an e-mail conversation with a former boss said boss told an employee that the employee should feel "lucky you don't work for me."

I'm curious if this can be viewed as harassment, a threat to job security or if this should be swept under the rug?

Thanks for any insight.
**A: so how does this pertain to you?

JOliver

**A: so how does this pertain to you?
I'm curious the impact a situation like this could have on all parties, and I should change the quote that was said to "We'll just say you're lucky you don't work for me."

Had to be a bit more clear.

HomeGuru

I'm curious the impact a situation like this could have on all parties, and I should change the quote that was said to "We'll just say you're lucky you don't work for me."

Had to be a bit more clear.
**A: it still does not make any sense.

ecmst12

I don't want to read your text messages. There is nothing illegal about telling someone "if I were your boss, I'd have fired you". Nor would it be illegal for the person to actually BE fired, for any reason not related to race, religion, gender, or other legally protected characteristic.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is neither harassment nor "a threat to job security". And if it were the latter, there is nothing illegal about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">