• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Validity of Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prisym777

How long has this been going on, the child support payments? It will be much better if you have a legitimate job when you go to court. At least have gotten out there and begun looking diligently for one.
Since separation 2 years now been a “self-employed contractor” but now I have to find my way into a crew that’s on the books I just wish it was easier since you have to have so many certifications

Prisym777

Honestly? You're unlikely to find much sympathy for working under the table and not supporting your child - and then trying to get off on a technicality.
Yeahh that’s not the goal here I want my son and have wanted my son since the separation at first things were ok we agreed to see him both without a court order.. separation got nasty and now I have to afford a lawyer to see him. Don’t get me wrong. I want help not sympathy that’s why I’m here. No one gives legal advice for free so far I’ve only gotten valuable help here. There’s a lot more going on that I didn’t specify because it has nothing to do with the question asked.

Prisym777

You were served two years ago and the case took place about two years ago?
the start of it was two years ago. Child support was in motion last year and was finalized this year 2-3 months ago. (I cannot recall off of the top of my head)

Prisym777

The way the court dates were set up? You just follow the papers you receive was I supposed to do something different?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You didn't think it was a good idea to show up in court to contest this?

If the matter was finalized 2-3 months ago, you're not going to get a change now.

Prisym777

You didn't think it was a good idea to show up in court to contest this?

If the matter was finalized 2-3 months ago, you're not going to get a change now.
I’ve tried. I’ve been told not to speak multiple times and was told I’d get in trouble for outbursts this I’ve tried asking nicely going by what they’ve told me would help which was little to nothing. Then the pressure got worse the more I wasn’t able to speak leading to an actual outburst.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">