• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I need to prove in small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

That's actually a valid point.
I'm actually somewhat of a mechanic so I started fixing up my car. Just dumped $500 on parts to get her to pass inspection. Installed an outside door handle and will installing new pads and rotors on Sept 5th. All this is being done on passes from the hospital. Still need to make a trip to the junkyard to pull a headlight assembly and side mirror.

The rain has washed the mud off and there is no damage to the paint so big relief there. All the dirt and grime that is baked off will come off with an extensive detail, according to quite a few people so I'll need to pay a few hundred more to have it washed, clay barred and polished/waxed on top of headlight and taillight restoration.

After that I plan on getting the hood, trunk and bumper repainted, and all of this will still cost less than getting another Buick. They're going for 8-10k with low mileage on them.

Last edited:

quincy

I'm actually somewhat of a mechanic so I started fixing up my car. Just dumped $500 on parts to get her to pass inspection. Installed an outside door handle and will installing new pads and rotors on Sept 5th. All this is being done on passes from the hospital. Still need to make a trip to the junkyard to pull a headlight assembly and side mirror.

The rain has washed the mud off and there is no damage to the paint so big relief there. All the dirt and grime that is baked off will come off with an extensive detail, according to quite a few people so I'll need to pay a few hundred more to have it washed, clay barred and polished/waxed on top of headlight and taillight restoration.

After that I plan on getting the hood, trunk and bumper repainted, and all of this will still cost less than getting another Buick. They're going for 8-10k with low mileage on them.
Used cars are in big demand and prices are inflated as a result. It is amazing what you can get today for a 10-year-old with 200,000+ miles.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Used cars are in big demand and prices are inflated as a result. It is amazing what you can get today for a 10-year-old with 200,000+ miles.
It's crazy. I get mail now at least once a month from various car dealers offering up to $30,000 for my 3 year old car. The thing is, I very much like my car and am in no hurry to give it up. :cool:

quincy

It's crazy. I get mail now at least once a month from various car dealers offering up to $30,000 for my 3 year old car. The thing is, I very much like my car and am in no hurry to give it up. :cool:
I received similar letters for one of my used Jeeps, some dealers even offering more than I had originally paid for it. Tempting, for sure - but, like you, I like my vehicle.

quincy

Great now my passenger window is cracked. I'm going to look into towing it to my mothers house.
That’s too bad. It won’t be long before your release from the hospital, though, and you probably can deal better with the car-headaches at that time.

Good luck - and good health.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">