• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Realtor Listing Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PredatorNC

What is the name of your state? NC

Is there any way to successfully break a contract with a listing agent that is not listing my property correctly?

Background Summary:
I listed my property with a local realtor about 4 weeks ago. I was told that regulations required them to obtain a copy of the septic permit and the house listing had to reflect the number of bedrooms approved on the permit. Fair enough - I thought - no problem. But, you guessed it, the next day I was told that my permit was only approved for a 2 bedroom home. (the home is actually a 3 bedroom). As a result, it had to be listed as a 2 bedroom with a "bonus" room. This of course limited the amount that I could list for the asking price. Here's the kicker, the same agency sold me the house 7yrs ago with no mention of this septic process! To somewhat wrap up a long story...... I went to the health department myself and pulled the evaluation, it reads, approved for a 3 bedroom! I passed this information on to my agent and she has been "investigating" this discrepancy since last 8/22/02. As a result of this problem, a major publication will be coming out with my property listed incorrectly. She was also informed of ommissions and inaccuracies in her website listing - which she hasn't corrected after 3 weeks.

Bottom line - is there anyway to drop this agency before they kill any chance I have of selling this home?

HomeGuru

PredatorNC said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Is there any way to successfully break a contract with a listing agent that is not listing my property correctly?

Background Summary:
I listed my property with a local realtor about 4 weeks ago. I was told that regulations required them to obtain a copy of the septic permit and the house listing had to reflect the number of bedrooms approved on the permit. Fair enough - I thought - no problem. But, you guessed it, the next day I was told that my permit was only approved for a 2 bedroom home. (the home is actually a 3 bedroom). As a result, it had to be listed as a 2 bedroom with a "bonus" room. This of course limited the amount that I could list for the asking price. Here's the kicker, the same agency sold me the house 7yrs ago with no mention of this septic process! To somewhat wrap up a long story...... I went to the health department myself and pulled the evaluation, it reads, approved for a 3 bedroom! I passed this information on to my agent and she has been "investigating" this discrepancy since last 8/22/02. As a result of this problem, a major publication will be coming out with my property listed incorrectly. She was also informed of ommissions and inaccuracies in her website listing - which she hasn't corrected after 3 weeks.

Bottom line - is there anyway to drop this agency before they kill any chance I have of selling this home?
**A: you have just cause to terminate the contract with the listing brokerage company.

HomeGuru

If you are going to terminate the listing agreement, be sure to do so in writing following the conditions in said agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">