• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Helllp Me!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? CA

Hello. Can someone please give me advice or let me know where to find the information...

A couple of years ago I made an agreement(verbal) with my son's father that I would close the child support case and forgive the past due money(25,000.00) that he owed me because he promised to pay from now on...He couldn't get his license back with the case open and he couldn't work.
So I did that. NOWWWWW, after only paying for a couple of years he decides he doesn't need to pay, because currently he is not working due to Lupus, but this happens all the time, he stops working and then eventually goes back. He is very abusive to our son...VERY MEAN....so he now says, go ahead and open the case, you won't get anything.....
What I want to do is reopen the case, BUT have them reinstate the past due amount that he hasn't paid. I will apply his payments to the 25,000.00, but still he would owe like 11,000.00.
How can I go about doing this? It is not fair and he shouldn't have the option to pay or not just because he hates me so much.
Thanks for any help I can get and have a blessed day

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

You can open another case for C/S but you can't get back the arrears you forgave. They no longer exist. All you can do is start over.

No wayyyyyyyy really????? Even if they see that he is only deciding not to pay because he had a falling out with me?

S

smh33

How did you get a judge to forgive/dismiss arears? In my state even a judge does not have the power to forgive arrears.

to smh33

I sent in a letter...and they forgave it. Where do you live, I need to move there...hahahahaaaaa
I just need to know how to get a judge to get it back...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: to smh33

Awesomemom said:
I sent in a letter...and they forgave it. Where do you live, I need to move there...hahahahaaaaa
I just need to know how to get a judge to get it back...

My response:

(I deleted the answer. You don't deserve to know the law. Now, you get to suffer.)

IAAL

Last edited:
Well, they did zero it out. I sent a letter stating to close the case and forgive all past due monies. They in turn sent me a letter stating that as of xxxxx date, my case would be closed due to my request.
When I called them approx. a month ago and asked them what they showed as the past due amount they told me ZERO because I requested it.
NOW, if you know something I don't then let me know and I will pursue it.
Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Awesomemom said:
Well, they did zero it out. I sent a letter stating to close the case and forgive all past due monies. They in turn sent me a letter stating that as of xxxxx date, my case would be closed due to my request.
When I called them approx. a month ago and asked them what they showed as the past due amount they told me ZERO because I requested it.
NOW, if you know something I don't then let me know and I will pursue it.
Thanks!

My response:

First of all, if you really want help, you need to pay attention and read my responses very carefully. You didn't - - otherwise you wouldn't be asking, "NOW, if you know something I don't then let me know and I will pursue it." The answer to that question is in my above response to you.

Second, who are "they"?

Third, I asked you to " . . . quote from the supposed "letter" you received from the court - - exactly and verbatim." I didn't ask for your summary.

So, if you want my help, you'll do exactly as I ask. Otherwise, you're on your own.

IAAL

First of all....you need to not be so rude.
My posting was not in a negative tone at all!
You need to not be writing this "supposed letter"...what do people lie on here or something????

Anyway, what they, CHILD SUPPORT DIVISION, sent to me a couple of years ago was the following...
Letter was titled, NOTICE OF INTENT TO CLOSE
The box they checked at the bottom of the page was an empty one, they typed in next to it and it said,
"ALL COSTS AND FEES ARE NOW PAID IN FULL AND PER YOUR REQUEST ON 12/14/99 WE WILL CLOSE THE CASE IN THIS OFFICE".

When I called back a month ago, they, CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES, said, "There is no past due amount, it is at ZERO because you wrote that letter".

Thanks...and lighten up...I am not being rude I am seeking help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Awesomemom said:
"First of all....you need to not be so rude."

===================================

My response:

Now you get to pay for the help from a local Family law attorney that I was willing to give to you for free.

Good luck getting your money.

IAAL

D

DChristian112

Thanks...and lighten up...I am not being rude I am seeking help!
Awesomemom- I will give you al ittle piece of advice, don't ever tell IAAL or pretty much any one to "lighten up" or to not be "rude". It will only cause more "rudeness" your way.

IAAL is an attorney who practices in CA and he knows his shi!.
Do not argue with him about it, he will only make you look bad. This is advice from me to you. Don't get all huffy about it. I know this from personal cyber experience.

I know that in MN if a CP modifies CS, the CP loses all back support, because of some stupid reason that I have yet to understand. I have been told that because I am "redoing" the order, all previous arrears are erased... Go figure. But it is true.
I have also temporarily suspended CS before as well, and again, I lost all arrears. It happens.

Honestly, you should not of closed the case and excused your ex of his support obligations. That is what happened, and you lose there.
Good Luck and God Bless!

Thank you DChristian for your response...as I am a Christian also!

I understand that IAAL may be an attorney and knows his stuff, but that does not mean that he can be mean to people. Give me a break.
I am sure that if he doesn't help me for free, then someone else will. I see his postings everywhere and I see that he is very smart and all that, but gosh! Then to say, I was going to help you for free, now you have to pay for help.
I wrote what they said, and then I got that response...
I am not all upset at all, not at all...I just don't think that he had to respond like that....he is not in our shoes, all we want is help, so if we, God forbid, skip something he wrote or whatever we should not get a response like that.
I don't know, all I want is help, and if he can do it then it is a blessing, if he doesn't, God will bring someone else my way to help me...anyway, thanks for your email...and to IAAL, thanks for your emails also...
Have a wonderfully blessed evening.

D

DChristian112

I always find it funny that people automatically assume I am Christian, as Christian is my last name.
(I could be a jew...) Assumptions...

I am going to tell you again do not try to get IAAL to be "nice" to you, or to tell him to be nice. It will get you no where, and probably upset in the end. Yes, this is free advice, but along with that will come opinions that you may or may not like.

ALSO, yes, I AM a christian, but some people keep the religion thing to a minimum, again, experience.

Good Luck and God Bless!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You see, I've got the answers, and you're the one looking for the answers. I don't care if you're Christian or an Atheist - - it doesn't matter to me.

What matters to me, however, is that you're the one out the $25,000, plus future support payments, and you can't even keep your mouth shut and listen.

When you ask stupid questions that require me to repeat myself, then all I can surmise is that you've got an attention deficit disorder. I don't chew my cabbage twice by repeating the same thing I've already told you in writing.

So, my suggestion to you would be for you to obtain some "thicker skin", and start comprehending what people tell you to do - - in an effort to help YOU! If your "feelings" get hurt along the way over something, that's tough crap. Just keep thinking of that $25,000.00.

When your attorney tells you something, unless you don't understand it, then your attorney EXPECTS, since you're an adult, to comply with each word of instruction. The more time you waste with your attorney, the more it's going to cost you in attorney's fees.

So, put your pride in your pocket, and start thinking of the "Big Picture."

IAAL

Hello there...
Ummm...I didn't assume that you were a Christian because of the name, but actually by the scripture and how you closed.
I do understand that with this may come answers I don't like, I have used this before in the past. That is fine to me...not a problem.
I am not trying to have him be nice to me. Not at all. I just would like help.
Anyway, enough of that...I don't want to beat a dead horse.

Hopefully they will see my point of view and reinstate the past due amount. If not, then it is my loss and I will start over again. I now know that I shouldn't have closed and forgave past due monies. A good lesson learned...for sure...
Thanks again to all who answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">