• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant & Asbestos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hanka

What is the name of your state? NJ working in NYC

Hello, I am in 7th month of pregnancy and just found out that in the building where I work in 12th floor, there is a demolition going on from 9th floor down. On each floor where the demolition is going on, there are big signs ASBESTOS!!! DANGEROUS!!! (and the same in Spanish :) ) I am getting very nervous. I am not sure, if this is not harming me and especially the baby.

Is there any way, that I could go on disability because of this condition? Is this dangerous for me and for the baby? If I didn't go to check the other floors today, my boss would never tell me anything.

What options do I have? Please advice.

Thanks,
HanaWhat is the name of your state?

HappyHusband

What is the name of your state? NJ working in NYC

Hello, I am in 7th month of pregnancy and just found out that in the building where I work in 12th floor, there is a demolition going on from 9th floor down. On each floor where the demolition is going on, there are big signs ASBESTOS!!! DANGEROUS!!! (and the same in Spanish :) ) I am getting very nervous. I am not sure, if this is not harming me and especially the baby.

Is there any way, that I could go on disability because of this condition? Is this dangerous for me and for the baby? If I didn't go to check the other floors today, my boss would never tell me anything.

What options do I have? Please advice.

Thanks,
HanaWhat is the name of your state?
Asbestos will not harm your baby, it is not a poison.
Asbestos is harmful only when it is inhaled, so IF it were released outside of the containment area, it would ony harm you, and then only after several years.
You inhale it and it causes scarring in the lungs over long periods of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">