• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consented Plain View Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaabbott

Based on an apparant tip, the AZPD came to my home with an allegation that we were dealing drugs (specifically Meth). small amts of meth, paraphenelia were seized from my room, and marijuana and paraphenelia seized from 2 other rooms (roomates). No arrests made nor citations given at that time, however 3mos later by certified mail that another roomate signed for were summons to appear in court. Can they do this?

racer72

The police and District Attorney's office had up to one year to file charges and present a summons to appear in court.

CdwJava

kaabbott said:
No arrests made nor citations given at that time, however 3mos later by certified mail that another roomate signed for were summons to appear in court. Can they do this?
Apparently they did. The summons is only a document to tell you to get to court on a specific date - it is not a conviction.

See what happens when you use and peddle in dope?

Go out and hire an attorney ASAP.

- Carl

acmb05

Based on an apparant tip, the AZPD came to my home with an allegation that we were dealing drugs (specifically Meth). small amts of meth, paraphenelia were seized from my room, and marijuana and paraphenelia seized from 2 other rooms (roomates). No arrests made nor citations given at that time, however 3mos later by certified mail that another roomate signed for were summons to appear in court. Can they do this?
LOL you consented to a search knowing thier was drugs in the home. Ditto what CdwJava said

jazzminderas

As if...

They say it as if you wouldn't have been searched anyway... LOL. I'm not buying it. Just get a lawyer... and think of anything in your past that you can use in your defense. Honors, community service...etc.

jazzminderas

Go out and hire an attorney ASAP.

- Carl
See what happens when stupid laws are made to throw drug users in jail. Instead of solving the problem, we remove the problem... has it been affective thus far? NOPE. Silly rabbits.

BelizeBreeze

See what happens when stupid laws are made to throw drug users in jail. Instead of solving the problem, we remove the problem... has it been affective thus far? NOPE. Silly rabbits.
I agree. Hell, we should have a treatment program for druggies. Have them come by at 5p.m. every day for a fix then allow them to drive home. Of course, if they kill someone, well what the hell. Maybe they'll run over an illegal, or someone on welfare or a fat lazy slob or hell, even a republican.....

Ain't life wonderful. Everything evens out.:D

CdwJava

jazzminderas said:
Ah, you must have missed the part that he wrote he was NOT arrested. In AZ as in CA (and most other states) the first few dope arrests result in diversion and a free pass anyway. It's when the doper fails to heed the treatment options that they get jammed up in jail.

Silly dopers.

- Carl

gawm

Ah, you must have missed the part that he wrote he was NOT arrested. In AZ as in CA (and most other states) the first few dope arrests result in diversion and a free pass anyway. It's when the doper fails to heed the treatment options that they get jammed up in jail.

Silly dopers.

- Carl
Not for long. This last election a prop passed that would take away the automatic probation for meth possession.:eek:(In AZ)

CdwJava

gawm said:
Not for long. This last election a prop passed that would take away the automatic probation for meth possession.:eek:(In AZ)
Can we bring the author of that bill to CA?! I presume that this opens the door to jail again for dopers? 9Not that they were going to jail very often before, but at least the possibility was there.)

Drug court was much more effective out here ... now, with Prop 36, the dopers have decided the free pass offered by Prop 36 diversion is much nicer than the "tough love" approach of drug court. So, we end up repeatedly arresting the same folks ... and, 'lo and behold! They're on probation for dope! :eek:

- Carl

gawm

We'll see how long it last. My guess is it will last until we need more prisons.( Nobody wants higher taxes) It will be up to a judge again. (which it should be) Pot heads still get the get out of jail free. I'm totally on the fence with this one. I can understand both sides.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">