• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child ssi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

protectinggeo

What is the name of your state? pa
I have two questions
1> my husband who would like to adopt my son 9yo. My son recieves ssi from his dead father. If my husband adopts will son lose money?
2> We bought house. No choice would lose house we lived in for many years if did not purchase. Can we use some of the ssi from my son to pay mortgage?

BL

What is the name of your state? pa
I have two questions
1> my husband who would like to adopt my son 9yo. My son recieves ssi from his dead father. If my husband adopts will son lose money?
2> We bought house. No choice would lose house we lived in for many years if did not purchase. Can we use some of the ssi from my son to pay mortgage?
1 > A: NO

2 > A: I could not find anything at the SSA site about managing Child survivors benifits .

Benefits for children
If a child is getting benefits based on your work, there are important things you should know about his or her benefits:

When a child reaches age 18
— A child's benefits stop with the month before the child reaches age 18, unless the child is either disabled or is a full-time elementary or secondary school student.
— About five months before the child's 18th birthday, the person receiving the child's benefits will get a form explaining how benefits can continue.
— A child whose benefits stopped at age 18 can have them started again if he or she becomes disabled before reaching age 22 or becomes a full-time *elementary or secondary school student before reaching age 19.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">