• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Navy Officer Canidate School Requirements.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

Im now interested in becoming a officer since i plan on getting a B.A.
I was wondering do most officer canidate school run a background investigation. And if so, what DQ's someone from getting into Officer canidate school.

I know most standards are

4 yr degree
Right aswab score

But i was wondering what would DQ someone.
Im pretty sure most OCS require that you get a security clearance.

So im pretty sure past crime history would DQ someone.
Would a misdemeanor DQ?
Would a restraining order DQ?

I know competition is stiff. Im plan on going into the navy ocs. Then to the Naval Supply Corps School.

What is the name of your state? California

Im now interested in becoming a officer since i plan on getting a B.A.
I was wondering do most officer canidate school run a background investigation. And if so, what DQ's someone from getting into Officer canidate school.

I know most standards are

4 yr degree
Right aswab score

But i was wondering what would DQ someone.
Im pretty sure most OCS require that you get a security clearance.

So im pretty sure past crime history would DQ someone.
Would a misdemeanor DQ?
Would a restraining order DQ?

I know competition is stiff. Im plan on going into the navy ocs. Then to the Naval Supply Corps School.
OMG of course they are going to run a background check on you. They are probably going to run more than one background check on you. They don't put people in charge of other men's lives without knowing a little something about them first.:confused:

If you want to be an officer in the United States Military then plan on having your past, present and future (yeah they can do that now LOL) picked over with a fine tooth comb.

Would you want it any other way? Would you want to send your son into battle lead by someone who has not been checked out from head to toe?

All commissoned officers need to have, at a minimum, a Secret Clearance. There are three levels of security clearances: Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret. Each has a different level of background investigation - military.com has a very good and thorough explanation of the process.

Here's my advice: make a plan with short-, mid-, and long-term goals. You're long-term goal might be college/OCS (you will have to do very well in school as the Navy doesn't need many officers and the competition is pretty strong. That's a hint to improve your spelling and grammar - or at the very least spell check your responses, that's a basic attention to detail issue you'll need at OCS, believe me).

Your mid-term goal could be getting through the stuff that led to your questions on background checks - acknowledging and fixing what's wrong will go better for you in an investigation because the adjudicator for your service will use a "whole person" concept to determine the clearance. And your short term goal might be to approach a Navy officer recruiter to determine what you need to do to even get on the path. For example, find out if a BA will make you less competitive than a BS (it might).

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">