• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conniegarsee

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My father died in may 1992. He was in the hospital for about 9 months till his death.
My brothers and sister are sueing my mother for their part of my father estate. This has been a long battle. My father wrote a will 3 months before he died because he saw that my brothers and sister might try and sue for their part and disreguard our mothers needs. His will was signed by a judge Nov. 9, 1994 and stamped NE. VARIETUR.

His will was a very simple will. He worte one and my mother wrote the same type the same day.
The will stated "I cecil Herren Sr. will and bequeath all of the disposable portion of my estate, both seprate and community, of which I my die possessed, to my wife, Mildred waldron Herren." If my wife should predecease me, then all of my property both seprate and community be divided between my 4 children equally.
If we should die together the estate shall be divided equal amoung our 4 children.
A notary came and seal the will along with 3 nurses as witnesses.

My question, now they (my brothers and sisters) want to contest the will after all this time.
there is a gas well that is producing on my fathers seprated land. (his family's homestead)
My brother stopped all gas check royalities to my mother about 3 years ago. The 3 of them want it all. They said she would get nothing. There is 40,000.00 tied up now in escrow. We are trying to she how long they have to contest the will.

nextwife

What right did your brother have to stop mom's gas royalties? Did you get her an attorney? She needs a good probate attorney. Your siblings should leave their mother alone and honor their father's wishes that their mom be able to live the rest of her life with dad's and their assets available to her.

LdiJ

What right did your brother have to stop mom's gas royalties? Did you get her an attorney? She needs a good probate attorney. Your siblings should leave their mother alone and honor their father's wishes that their mom be able to live the rest of her life with dad's and their assets available to her.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the wife may not be the mother of the siblings. However, in any case I agree that the wife needs a good attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">