• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure and inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sally shoemaker

What is the name of your state? minnesota
I am currently in foreclosure with my house up for sale. I am trying to sell to redeem the mortgage company before the foreclosure is complete. My father recently died, and left me some stocks and a small amount from a life insurance policy. Is the morgage company going to come after this money or do they have no rights to it ? I currently have about 5 months to sell the house.:eek:

moburkes

What is the name of your state? minnesota
I am currently in foreclosure with my house up for sale. I am trying to sell to redeem the mortgage company before the foreclosure is complete. My father recently died, and left me some stocks and a small amount from a life insurance policy. Is the morgage company going to come after this money or do they have no rights to it ? I currently have about 5 months to sell the house.:eek:
In your previous post you stated that the only life insurance policy that was left was left to your sister, and none to the others.

sally shoemaker

I know its not my money yet, its not that much anyway, my primary concern is the stocks. Will they wait till the house is foreclosed or sold to see if they are 100% compensated or will they freeze the accounts? I believe I will be able to sell the house and pay them 100% before the foreclosure is complete, Im just trying to think of all possibilities and how this all works

moburkes

Who is "they"? They can't do a THING to attempt to get your assets until they win a judgment against you in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">