• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing for Judge to sign divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalek

OK. This took a little longer than I was hoping but I got it done. Because neither of us had a lawyer, we would have had to be there to get them signed. The fact neither of us didn't have a lawyer is the key. So, what did I do, I hired a lawyer to get the papers signed. :D :D They are signed and it was final a week or so ago.

Now I have a question. I asked this in another thread but here goes again. I took out a loan while we were hitched for a couple house and car payments and it is in my name. I made sure the loan went with the house and car too. I have been told that she said she was not going to pay the loan. It is in my name and I have talked to the bank about it. If she doesn't pay the loan, what do I have to do? Do I go tell the Judge that she has not paid it and he takes care of it? Do I need to file some sort of papers to do that IF that is what I have to do.

Ideas? Suggestions?? I'm beginning to see why some folks hire a hit man. LOL

:D :D :D :D

Bali Hai

OK. This took a little longer than I was hoping but I got it done. Because neither of us had a lawyer, we would have had to be there to get them signed. The fact neither of us didn't have a lawyer is the key. So, what did I do, I hired a lawyer to get the papers signed. :D :D They are signed and it was final a week or so ago.

Now I have a question. I asked this in another thread but here goes again. I took out a loan while we were hitched for a couple house and car payments and it is in my name. I made sure the loan went with the house and car too. I have been told that she said she was not going to pay the loan. It is in my name and I have talked to the bank about it. If she doesn't pay the loan, what do I have to do? Do I go tell the Judge that she has not paid it and he takes care of it?

Yeah right, don't hold your hand over your ass.

Do I need to file some sort of papers to do that IF that is what I have to do.

Ideas? Suggestions?? I'm beginning to see why some folks hire a hit man. LOL

You are in no position but to pay the loan off in your name you laughing idiot!!

dalek

You are in no position but to pay the loan off in your name you laughing idiot!!
So basically what you are saying is, that no matter what the divorce papers say, they are worthless? What is the point of getting a divorce and getting a Judge to sign it if nothing can be done to enforce it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So basically what you are saying is, that no matter what the divorce papers say, they are worthless? What is the point of getting a divorce and getting a Judge to sign it if nothing can be done to enforce it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If it is in the papers that she is to pay then you file contempt if she does not HOWEVER the creditors will hold you responsible since your name is on the loans so therefore you are going to want to continue paying them or your credit will be harmed.

dalek

If it is in the papers that she is to pay then you file contempt if she does not HOWEVER the creditors will hold you responsible since your name is on the loans so therefore you are going to want to continue paying them or your credit will be harmed.
That is what I was thinking too. It is also what the bank told me as well. Sort of confirms my theory here. I did my own papers but the lawyers I got to look at them and the one that got them signed sort of liked them.

Is there somewhere online that I can get a copy of contempt papers? Also, I assume I will have to pay to get them to haul her in too??

Thanks

:D :D :D :D :D

dalek

OK. I have another question or two. I have got my papers done on filing contempt papers. I already know she is going to claim she can't pay the loan. She was supposed to pay it with her income tax refund which I already know she has got back. What do I need to file to get the court to sign for the IRS to provide a copy of her returns? Would that be called a supeana? (sp?)

Also, does anyone know where I can get a copy of a summons? I need to get her served too. I just need something to go by and when I was doing my research at the court house, I couldn't find one. The lady there said it is usually delivered and not in the file.

Thanks for the help. I'm slowly getting there, learning a lot too. :eek:

LdiJ

OK. I have another question or two. I have got my papers done on filing contempt papers. I already know she is going to claim she can't pay the loan. She was supposed to pay it with her income tax refund which I already know she has got back. What do I need to file to get the court to sign for the IRS to provide a copy of her returns? Would that be called a supeana? (sp?)

Also, does anyone know where I can get a copy of a summons? I need to get her served too. I just need something to go by and when I was doing my research at the court house, I couldn't find one. The lady there said it is usually delivered and not in the file.

Thanks for the help. I'm slowly getting there, learning a lot too. :eek:

There is absolutely only one way that you can get a transcript of her tax return. That would be for the judge to order her to provide one. The IRS isn't going to release one to anyone but her. They are not allowed to do so.

dalek

Well, I see a problem with this. She has been known to alter documents before. How will the court know it is a accurate copy of the tax return? I know of two instances she has done this, not in court but still a history nevertheless.

dalek

Oh yea, do I put in the summons that she has to bring a copy of her tax return? Will that work?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">