• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about going to IG

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lightarms

What is the name of your state? Ft Stupid/Georgia

I just had a question that falls in line with IG. Eveyone knows the commander can implement a remedial PT program for those who fail the PT test. My question is what are his limits? Can the PT sessions be made on the weekends like Saturdays in my unit for an hour and at the end of the days on weekdays from 1630 to 1730. Doesn't it have to be in the duty hours of 0630-1700 not past 1730 and on Saturdays? Because it's pissing everyone off in the unit thats on it because they have to stay longer everyday away from there family and have to go do PT on the weekends. Can't this be a grievence/complaint to IG?

badapple40

I usually analyze military orders (including this order) in the following fashion:

1. Is it clearly illegal (is he ordering you to massacre civilians at My Lai)? Here it is not.

2. Is it in conjunction to or with the military mission? Here it is getting troops fit and in conjunction with Army P.T. standards.

3. Is it solely punitive and not in accordance with military law (e.g. ordering you into confinement without following UCMJ)? No, here it has the goal of getting you fit enough to meet Army P.T. Standards.

4. Is it against any regulation promulgated by your CO's superior? I don't know, are there any regulations that state that he cannot do this? I'm not doing your homework for you. If not, and there probably is no such regulation, then the order is lawful.

Because the order is lawful and will presumed lawful, you have to show why it isn't. Absent any Army regulation prohibiting what the CO is doing, it is a lawful order. I do not suggest going to the IG, as he or she will most likely laugh at you, and, at worst, inform your CO who may decide that you are not just out of shape, but a problem child as well.

I have no sympathy for you. You know what the standards are. Most military members take care of keeping in shape during their own time off. You apparently cannot seem to be that self-disciplined, so your commander is being disciplined for you and has imposed PT time after the duty day and on the weekends. And you apparently think that you should take time out of the DUTY DAY when you are supposed to be doing your job to get fit, when you should have been taking care of it during your own time.

Now drop and give me 20.

I usually analyze military orders (including this order) in the following fashion:

1. Is it clearly illegal (is he ordering you to massacre civilians at My Lai)? Here it is not.

2. Is it in conjunction to or with the military mission? Here it is getting troops fit and in conjunction with Army P.T. standards.

3. Is it solely punitive and not in accordance with military law (e.g. ordering you into confinement without following UCMJ)? No, here it has the goal of getting you fit enough to meet Army P.T. Standards.

4. Is it against any regulation promulgated by your CO's superior? I don't know, are there any regulations that state that he cannot do this? I'm not doing your homework for you. If not, and there probably is no such regulation, then the order is lawful.

Because the order is lawful and will presumed lawful, you have to show why it isn't. Absent any Army regulation prohibiting what the CO is doing, it is a lawful order. I do not suggest going to the IG, as he or she will most likely laugh at you, and, at worst, inform your CO who may decide that you are not just out of shape, but a problem child as well.

I have no sympathy for you. You know what the standards are. Most military members take care of keeping in shape during their own time off. You apparently cannot seem to be that self-disciplined, so your commander is being disciplined for you and has imposed PT time after the duty day and on the weekends. And you apparently think that you should take time out of the DUTY DAY when you are supposed to be doing your job to get fit, when you should have been taking care of it during your own time.

Now drop and give me 20.
OMG tooooooooooooo funny.

Yeah troop you gotta stay fit. Being in shape and being in the military go hand and hand. If you aren't going to do it yourself then your CO is going to do it for you.

When you get out you can let your body go to pot.

iescaped

Now drop and give me 20.

Definiately worth a good laugh...

Lightarms

haha, thank you. Yes, apparently he can as long as i get 4 hours of sleep in between days 7 days a week lol. It's not that I'm out of shape because I was was maxing out on all events for the last 3 years most of the time, but I substained a back injury when I got hit by a VBIED. I havn't been able to pass any PT test since that day 19Sep06. I've taken 2 pt test and the pain is so great that I cant do more than a few situps before I have to stop, cant run or do pushups either because of the pain in my back. I had Xrays taken, and a MRI...they don't know wtf is wrong with me and my knees are ****ed up too I think I got arthritis which I have to go find out. They think I'm bull****ting but I'm not. And the doctors are a little hesitant right now to recommend a MEB. All I can do is keep going back to sick call and seeing different doctors until they do something.

badapple40

haha, thank you. Yes, apparently he can as long as i get 4 hours of sleep in between days 7 days a week lol. It's not that I'm out of shape because I was was maxing out on all events for the last 3 years most of the time, but I substained a back injury when I got hit by a VBIED. I havn't been able to pass any PT test since that day 19Sep06. I've taken 2 pt test and the pain is so great that I cant do more than a few situps before I have to stop, cant run or do pushups either because of the pain in my back. I had Xrays taken, and a MRI...they don't know wtf is wrong with me and my knees are ****ed up too I think I got arthritis which I have to go find out. They think I'm bull****ting but I'm not. And the doctors are a little hesitant right now to recommend a MEB. All I can do is keep going back to sick call and seeing different doctors until they do something.
Why don't you get a profile that prohibits the number of situps you can do in a row, etc? If it is a medical condition, the docs can put you on temp or permanent profile to deal with it. And, if I remember correctly, can even say no PT test, etc.

Lightarms

I do have a no Army profile. All I can really do is overhead arm claps. Thats all I do every day twice a day for PT for an hour whenever everyone is doing something related to upper arm workouts like pushups....When they do anything else besides that I just stand there because I can't do anything else lol.

I do have a no Army profile. All I can really do is overhead arm claps. Thats all I do every day twice a day for PT for an hour whenever everyone is doing something related to upper arm workouts like pushups....When they do anything else besides that I just stand there because I can't do anything else lol.
2 PT sessions a day??? God I wish I had that much time on my hands to devote 2 hours a day to PT alone.

Oh boy upper arm claps. You must've really pissed someone off.:eek:

Lightarms

haha, I'm just saying its pointless and I could be actually doing some work instead of wasting time doing hand claps lol.

SHORTY LONG

Doing hand claps is good exercise, and discipline!
Hell, if you can not hack that, then you have no
place in being there. For sooner or later you will
put your fellow Soldiers in further harms way. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">