• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment more than ordered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spklav97

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My husband is current with child support. Ex lives in Arizona. Arizona garnished more than current order. What can I do? Anything? We pay the ordered amount regularly. All of sudden Arizona started garnishing more. We had a review conducted about a year ago. No change was made to the original order amount. Arizona has always sent letters letters saying that our monthly payment was more than originally ordered. At the beginning of last year we finally became current (after several tax refund garnishments). Laporte County adjusted their records to say we were current. Eventually Pima County adjusted their records to show we were current. Now this! What's going on?

CraigFL

I don't know how much we're talking about here but most states allow the employer to collect a fee for the paperwork invoved with garnishment of someones wages.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My husband is current with child support. Ex lives in Arizona. Arizona garnished more than current order. What can I do? Anything? We pay the ordered amount regularly. All of sudden Arizona started garnishing more. We had a review conducted about a year ago. No change was made to the original order amount. Arizona has always sent letters letters saying that our monthly payment was more than originally ordered. At the beginning of last year we finally became current (after several tax refund garnishments). Laporte County adjusted their records to say we were current. Eventually Pima County adjusted their records to show we were current. Now this! What's going on?
The best places to start would be 1. your employer, to find out what exactly the order says 2. child support office in AZ, to find out if anything has changed.

We cannot tell you what happened. Now, after you have asked THEM what has happened, and are still confused, then come back here.

spklav97

His employer included paperwork from Pima County, AZ in with the paycheck. The amount garnished is exactly what AZ asked for. So, I know it is not a paperwork fee. The paperwork indicates that I can request a review. :rolleyes: I suppose this is my next course of action. Is there a way I can scan the documentation for you guys to see?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">