• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Transportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Another issue, transportation.

My ex and I have been divorced 3 years, and live 60 miles apart. I get my 7 y/o daughter every other weekend, every other holiday and 2 weeks in the summer. I have always provided 100% of the transportation, paid full 20% support and bought clothes and school supplies and anything else she needed. But with out of control gas prices, I'm having a hard time paying for the 60 mile trip both ways for each visit . Being with my daughter is important to me, but I'm struggling. We are going back to court in a few weeks (she wants more support and me to pay 100% medical insurance and 100% of all medical bills not covered by insurance), and I'd like to request that she provide half of the transportation. Two years ago we went to court on a "visitation interference" charge against CP and I then asked for the transportation to be split. The judge denied the request b/c he stated that I was the parent that moved away from the child. At this time I represented myself, and decided not to argue the issue. However, when my ex and I spit she was the first to move away. We lived seperated for a year and shortly before the divorce I moved away from the town we resided in together as well. She filed for divorce in the county she moved to after seperation, and I was living in the same county I am now at the time of divorce. We both now live approx 30 miles (in opposite directions) from the town we resided in as a family. I should have told the judge that then, but I'm not very outspoken. What are my chances of getting split transportation now with the high gas prices and telling the judge the "correct story".

She may say her car is not reliable, which she did last time...but she drives it long distances when it comes to doing something that she wants to do (AKA: visiting her b/f in prison). Not fair, if she would get a job, quit wasting money to bail her b/f out of jail, she could afford a better car. She lives off of me and the government.

Any advise?What is the name of your state?

syskjw

The court usually has the parents pay 50% of the medical not 100%. And who has the medical insurance for the child you or her? And you can ask for the primary parent to bring the child to your residence starting visitation and you bring the child home at the end of visitation. Or because of distance parents meet half way and stipulate the time and place in the agreement. Holidays usually due not include the transportation unless specified.

The court usually has the parents pay 50% of the medical not 100%. And who has the medical insurance for the child you or her? And you can ask for the primary parent to bring the child to your residence starting visitation and you bring the child home at the end of visitation. Or because of distance parents meet half way and stipulate the time and place in the agreement. Holidays usually due not include the transportation unless specified.
~She has the medical card/public aid, but has filed for me to pay full medical and 100% of the extra expenses, which I will agree to insurance...but not 100% of extra.

~I'd like to ask for her to provide 50% of transportation, but she will play the "I dont have the $$, or my car isnt reliable" game...she did last time.

What happened to getting a job...if you cant afford things?!?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">